Sign in to follow this  
sethos

..and your little dog too!

folks, go see it. as much as I doubted the uncanny valley CGI faces when the first trailer hit, it works (most of the time). some of the stuff is still stiff and dead looking but the more cartoony nature of the figures (especially Haddock, the Thompson twins and some of the side characters) works to its advantage. I would have preferred a more "ligne clair" appearance, but I was pleasantly surprised by what was on the screen. What works even better though, is the script tying together elements from some of the best Tintin albums into a pretty cohesive whole. And I appreciate that they did absolutely nothing to modernize the characters: Tintin is still a blank canvas, Haddock is an severe alcoholic and Snowy is still smarter than either of them. the chase near the end of the flick is some of the best action stuff Spielberg has done in his entire career, and this is by far my favourite Spielberg flick of the last twenty years or so (I still have a soft spot for Jurassic Park). go see it, it's absolutely wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8gyurQJqU4

I've never read a single bit of Tintin. Will I still enjoy it? It looks like a fun romp.

Shit, Jason, go to the States mate. This professor at some university, is paying a million dollars for proof of supernatural powers. And, Shawn clearly being dead to any reasonable abd even SLIGHTLY cultured person, here YOU are, point of fact, talking to the dead.

Seriously, Shawn, HOW COME you not read Tintin?.

I'm dead?!?! That explains a great deal actually. Or maybe I'm just not awake yet, not having any coffee and all that.

I just may go see the movie. Since I want to be a real live boy again

I hope the Blue fairy gets around to you soon. Or you could just go to a bookshop and read a tintin without paying for it. The shop-assistants will be too frightened by your ghostly self to say

"OI ! If you ain't gonna buy the bloody book, scarper!".

I just saw it with my mum and two of her grandkids. Sethos was right on the money with the thought that the chase at the end was one of the best in Spielbergs works. A heap of lovely little touches run past your line of sight.

I really loved the art work for the animals, the bird of prey is a wonderful thing just watching how well they captured its flight, and movement. The rotweiler dog made those of us who remembered my brothers' "Gemma" dog laugh, when it tried to entice Snowy into a game, it looks so very like Gemma trying to make the cats "play" with its movements. Snowy was a slight disappointment, but that is because I have such a firm "memory" of Snowy.

The scenes aboard the Unicorn were quite entertaining, some far-fetched bits right alongside some fantastic attention to genuine detail. The bowsing of the guns was amazingly accurately shown. Though they didn't have enough crew serving them. Original Captain Haddock was either both Mars' and Poseidons' favourite son, or he got a little carried away describing his body count to his kid!. lol.

So disappointing parts in the movie, but bye and large I did love it.