JohnMcMahon

DC : The Dark

Night Force should definitely be interesting. Is that a mini or an ongoing, Christian?

I'm not totally sure. The solicitation for the first issue doesn't say anything about it being a mini, but I don't want to speak with any certainty as of yet.

I've given up on JL Dark brown over the I Vampire crossover, did I mention that already?

Alan Moore himself could come out of retirement to write JLA Dark and I still woudn't use it for kitty litter.

I won't. If I wanted a load of crossovers, I'd be reading the fucking Green Lantern stuff.

I'm a bit bothered by Constantine as 'team leader', but on the strength of his other titles, i'll pick this up again to try it out.

Alan Moore himself could come out of retirement to write JLA Dark and I still woudn't use it for kitty litter.

Guzzy has his standards, like any cat!.

lol.

Indeed he does. He wouldn't shit on it either, but rather seek out one of my shirts and leave me a little present.

Hadn't thought of that John but it's only right.

Wonder if our boy will show up in the big Red/Green vs. Black crossover?

Really, at this point, Jeff Lemire has been the only saving grace* of the DC relaunch.

His two books are the only ones that don't leave me not caring by the half-year mark.

Hopefully Lemire won't take on too many books in an attempt to save "The New 52".

*China Mieville may be another.

Wonder if our boy will show up in the big Red/Green vs. Black crossover?

Seems like a natural fit but judging by that interview on CBR it doesn't seem very likely.

I wonder if John Goodrich is still updating his Constantine appearance index!

Edit : He's only running a year or so behind, fair play.

Really, at this point, Jeff Lemire has been the only saving grace* of the DC relaunch.

I'll see your Jeff Lemire and raise you a Scott Snyder. Batman and Swamp Thing have both been good.

Matt Kindt. Excellent.

Lemire on JL:Duff? Well the only way was up, but as he has confounded my aversion to team books on JL:Funkensteindoompatrol I have high hopes. Having finished the 1st arc of JL:Dumb I was about to drop it, but first I shall send it for cat litter.

I enjoyed Animal Man more than Swamp Thing this month, finding the latter a bit light.

Both are still head and shoulders above most of the other books.

I'll see your Jeff Lemire and raise you a Scott Snyder. Batman and Swamp Thing have both been good.

Oh, I'll give you Snyder's Batman. I have been enjoying that a lot. Some of the best Batman stories in years. As much as I enjoyed Morrison's Batman, it was too concerned with meta-commentary rather than telling a good Batman story. Synder's Batman is all about what Batman should be.

His Swamp Thing I've found to be just average though.

Despite being an obvious fill-in issue, this month's Animal Man was still an interesting read - I guess the biggest compliment I can pay it is that I really want to know how the 'movie' ends.

I wouldn't call it a fill-in. It's a breather issue between the break-neck action of fighting The Rot.

I'd say it's a story I've been interested in seeing told since we read in the first issue that Buddy Baker had made a movie.

This series impresses me more by the month.

I've had no problem with Foreman on Animal Man. However, Pugh is a nice improvement.

I just hope they don't take Paquette off Swamp Thing