Sign in to follow this  
St. Apathy

Bucky gets his own book

1320435566.jpg

For those who haven't been keeping up on their Marvel events and their Cap, Bucky was extradited to Russia for crimes during his tenure as a Soviet assassin. His jailers actually just want to get some information about three sleeper agents in the US. Bucky escapes back to America with the help of Nick Fury and Black Widow. He gets his robo-arm ripped out and impaled with a big hammer by the new Red Skull. While Bucky recovered, Nick Fury swapped him for an LMD, convincing the world at large (excepting Cap and Widow) that he is dead, and freeing him to hit the road in pursuit of the three sleepers.

I'm quite chuffed about this news, and am filled with giddy optimism, as this has all the makings of Sleeper-like storytelling.

Brubaker is writing, with Butch Guice on pencils.

Initially I am pissed, because I like him as Cap. It showed, for awhile anyway, that Marvel had some balls to kill off a big name and have his former partner take up his mantle, sort of like Wally West. Then they killed him.

BUT....the thought of Brubaker & Guice doing superhero spy stories just makes that all wash away. :smile:

I'll check it out. Will that make Steve Rogers as Cap again? Of course it does, he's only got his own book.

Edited by Lou K