13 members have voted

1. 1. Justice League

• Justice League (Johns, Lee)
    • JLI (Jurgens, Lopresti)
    • Aquadog (Johns, Reis)
    • Wonder Chick (Azzman, Chang)
    • The Flash (Manapul)
    • Captain Tiny (Krull, WII)
    • Green Arrow (Krul, Jurgens, Nocenti incoming)
    • Mister Terrific (Wallace, Gugliotta)
    • Savage HawkDragon (Daniel, Bonny, Tan)
    • Furry Firestorm (Harris, Van Sciver, Cinar)
    • none of these
  2. 2. Superman and the Lanterns of Green

• Action (Mozzer & Mor)
    • Boy (Lobdell & Silva)
    • Girl (Green, Johnson, Asrar)
    • Man (Perez, Merino)
    • GL A (Boris Johns & Doug Mahnke)
    • GLC (Tomasi, no Pasarin)
    • GL NNNNGGGG! (Bedard, Kirkham)
    • Fred Lanterns (Milligan't, Benes)
    • none of the above
  3. 3. Children's Justice

• Teeny Titans (Lobdell, Booth)
    • Static Shock (Bernadin, McDaniel)
    • Hawk & Doo (Gates, LIEFELD, Iaskyou! WHY?)
    • Blue Beetle (Bedard, Iguana)
    • L.G.S.O.H (Levitz, Portela)
    • Legion Lost (De Falco, Woods)
    • no kids stuff
  4. 4. Children's Smut (& some others)

• Stormwatch (Cornell, Sepultura)
    • Grifter (Edmundson, Snafoo)
    • Death's Toke (Higgins, Bennet)
    • Sueisfine Squad (Glass, Rudy)
    • OMAC (Diddy-O, Giffen)
    • Black Ox (Costa, Lottley)
    • Voodoo Booboo, more like (Marz, Basri)
    • Men of War (Brandon, Derrenick)
    • Wild Wild Western (Palmiotti & Gray, Moritat)
    • DCU Presents (Deadman 1-5: Jenkins, Chang; Challengers 6-8: Didio, Ordway)
    • Thanks but no thanks
  5. 5. When they say "Dark" they mean shite, or Vertigo brown.

• Swamp Thang (Snyder, Packet)
    • Animal Man (Lemire, Foreman)
    • Frankie and his Four Seasons (Lemur, Ponticelli)
    • Resurrection Man (Abnett & Lanning, Dagnino)
    • I, Vampire (Jenkins & Jae Lee, I mean Fialkov & Sorrento)
    • Children's Hellblazer, feat. The Hellblazer & his Magick Ho's & some mad dudes (Milligan't, Janin)
    • Demon Knights (Cornell, Neves)
    • these all leave me in the dark
  6. 6. Batman

• Batman (Snyder, Capabullo)
    • Bazinga (Winick, Olivier)
    • Batman & Robin (Tomasi, Gleason)
    • Bats in the Attic (Finch, Jenkins, Finch)
    • Bat to the Future (Lobdell, Rocafort)
    • Batchick (Simone, Syaf)
    • Batlady (Wiii, Jesus was Blackman, no Jesus was Batman, no that was Bruce Wayne)
    • Catchick (Winick, March)
    • Bats of Prey (Sweetchinski, Says)
    • Nightwing (Higgins, Barrows)
    • DC's DC comic: DC (Daniel)
    • Bat's all folks!
  7. 7. On a scale of 0 to 52, how successful was this relaunch?

• 0 - not at all good
    • 2 - not too bad
    • 52 - other

Do you mean that in a generic sense, or does it remind you of a particular one?

Anyway, just saw the cover of Saga and noticed it was a Fiona Staples work. I loved her stuff on the Jack Hawksmoor mini-series a few years back, so I'm sold already. Can't understand how I missed this.

I was thinking of The Left-Hand of Darkness, and the whole cycle of books LeGuin built around that novel's setting.

Just the blending of the fantasy and science fiction concepts.

Less on the feminism aspects though.

Ok, not so into Diggle on Action? How about Scott Snyder & Jim Lee on Man of Steel? I could get into that!

Hmmm...He hasn't been tested on a straight superhero book yet. No telling.

Is Snyder actually going to be writing three books a month, or is he dropping either Batman or Swamp Thing?

I'd rather see him stick on those two than drop one for a Superman book, if that's the case.

Blue Beetle, Grifter and Legion Lost are being cancelled. I'm so shocked!!.....said no one.

However, Frankenstein Agent of Shade is being cancelled. Which sucks. But he'll be in JDL, for what that's worth

Who knows? I sincerly hope that by now DC has started to realize they need to put out better quality books, that people are interested in, to get sales....hahaha....right. There's rumors of Wild CATS coming back..so..yeah.

Yes we need more rehashed Wildstorm, more Amethyst, sort of books.

They'll probably follow Marvel's footsteps, by having a dozen Superman titles to help promote the movie and another dozen Bat-books. The scary thing is I think there are actually a dozen :blink:

I predict the following are close to being next: Savage Hawkman, Batwing, Ravagers.

Also, in January we get Threshhold by Keith Giffen & Tom Raney. Featuring The Star Rovers, Star Hawkins, Space Cabbie, Tom Tomorrow, Captain KRot, and Star Ranger! No clue on any of these people, except Space Cabbie, due to an appearance in Starman a long time ago. With Larfleeze in a backup story. See? DC realized cosmic is cool right now because of GotG & Thanos, etc.

Oh, you know what? I like the sound of that Threshold book. It has Giffen, who was one of the writers who made Marvel have a good line of cosmic books (alongside Abnett & Lanning), and I was hoping DC might dredge up some more of their old obscure sci-fi characters at some point, as the "New 52" has been lacking in that.

I know all of those characters, except for Captain K'Rot (who might be a newer character, which would explain why).

They were all characters who padded out the Silver Age Strange Adventures or Mystery in Space anthologies.

Most of them haven't been seen post-Crisis, other than in the Howard Chaykin Twilight mini-series, where he reinvented all the obscure sci-fi DC heroes into a dystopian space opera future. Needless to say, DC pretty much ignored the book afterwards, since once so innocent Tommy Tomorrow was turned into a blood-thirsty dictator, and stuff like that.

Space Ranger was originally created by Edmond Hamilton.

Star Hawkins was a clueless space-age sleuth, with a female robot assistant who did most of the work, while Hawkins thought he was a down-at-his-luck genius. Sort of a fun concept.

The Star Rovers were a team of three astronauts (two males and a female) who would engage in friendly competitions each mission to see who could solve the problem fastest. What would happen is that every single time, the three would need to combine their information in order to solve the mystery!

I'll be checking this book out!

EDIT:Looking online, it says that Captain K'Rot will be based on Captain Carrot (get it?).

Now, Capt. Carrot certainly doesn't belong with 1950s space-age archetypes, but it still sounds kinda fun...

Captain Carrot is the 1st thing I thought of. Charlie and I used to love that book. It was so dumb.

Jeff Lemire is going green! He will take over Green Arrow starting in February, along with artist Andrea Sorentinno.

http://jefflemire.blogspot.com/2012/11/im-new-writer-of-green-arrow.html

says Lemire "If you liked Mike Grell's GA run, Andy Diggle's 'Year One' or Denys O'Neil's 'Question,' you'll probably dig my take on Ollie."

further:

Green Arrow is a character that always has the potential to be a major player in the DCU," Lemire says in his essay. "When I took on Animal Man, I immediately saw it as a chance to do my version of the classic Vertigo horror/superhero books I loved as a teenager. And, similarly, the first thing I thought of with Green Arrow was a chance to do a really hard hitting, crime/superhero book in the tradition of Mike Grell’s classic run on the character or Denny O’Neil’s The Question comics from the late '80s early '90s. Quite simply, I wanted to make Green Arrow a hunter again. A street level hero of the gutters caught up in a world of violence, betrayal and conspiracy. My ever growing plans for the book will build a huge new mythology around Green Arrow’s legacy and send him across the globe, all the while trying to stay one step ahead of a deadly new cast of villains with mysterious ties to his past."

This is the right way.

SOLD!

Also, in February, Vibe & Katanna will get their own solo books. So, I'm sure that will light the comics world on fire and be talked about for ages

Vibe? All right!

Didn't she get killed by popular demand at the end of the original Justice League series?

DC just won't give up on Green Arrow. I guess there's the TV show now, so they can't cancel that book, but they're forced to change the creative team every six months. That can't be a healthy sign. Will Lemire be able to do what Nocenti has failed to do? We shall see.

Also, I'm confused. I love O'Neil's Question, but didn't really like most of Grell's Green Arrow, so will I like it or not? I can't figure it out!

Jeff Lemire is going green! He will take over Green Arrow starting in February, along with artist Andrea Sorentinno.

http://jefflemire.bl...reen-arrow.html

says Lemire "If you liked Mike Grell's GA run, Andy Diggle's 'Year One' or Denys O'Neil's 'Question,' you'll probably dig my take on Ollie."

further:

the first thing I thought of with Green Arrow was a chance to do a really hard hitting, crime/superhero book in the tradition of Mike Grell’s classic run on the character or Denny O’Neil’s The Question comics from the late '80s early '90s. Quite simply, I wanted to make Green Arrow a hunter again. A street level hero of the gutters caught up in a world of violence, betrayal and conspiracy. "

:boogie:

See, THIS is what happens when you keep the faith with a shit book. You eventually get rewarded. THIS is what I want from a GA book (although a few more realsitic villains in the vein of Onomatopaeia or Constantine Drakon wouldn't go amiss).

I'm at work right now, but my inner geek is dancing.

http://jefflemire.bl...reen-arrow.html

further:

the first thing I thought of with Green Arrow was a chance to do a really hard hitting, crime/superhero book in the tradition of Mike Grell’s classic run on the character or Denny O’Neil’s The Question comics from the late '80s early '90s. Quite simply, I wanted to make Green Arrow a hunter again. A street level hero of the gutters caught up in a world of violence, betrayal and conspiracy. "

:boogie:

See, THIS is what happens when you keep the faith with a shit book. You eventually get rewarded. THIS is what I want from a GA book (although a few more realsitic villains in the vein of Onomatopaeia or Constantine Drakon wouldn't go amiss).

I'm at work right now, but my inner geek is dancing.

Let us dance together, sir! Then ALL shall weep at what they behold

... Lemire says in his essay. "When I took on Animal Man, I immediately saw it as a chance to do my version of the classic Vertigo horror/superhero books I loved as a teenager. ..."

Ouch. Way to make me feel old, Mr Lemire.

tumblr_mdcim2nJEl1qky2i3o1_500.jpg

Milligan making worse an already awful reboot of one of my other favorite comics-Stormwatch/The Authority. Milligan will always be my most vilified comic writer.

Batman Inc.-I believe I'm dropping this book now.

I was looking forward to the return to the Earth-666 reality, but the issue really made no sense.

He just reused his "Beast of the Apocalypse" idea from New X-Men by inserting a monkey-man character playing the same role.

I just don't care about this book anymore.

No. You're doing it wrong. What would it be if you wrote it backwards?

(Will Lou fall for this trick, and send himself back into the 5th dimension? Let's find out.)

All of this somewhat tempts me to start reading Earth 2 again. It's a kind of JSA, but all the heroes are dead & it's its own thing.

I said somewhat..... don't look at me like that.

Gotta check out AC #15 ASAP, apparently.. Love me some Morrison interdimensional dickery.

Shawn....Ummm....Why? What does that have to do with Action Comics?

Lou, agreed totally. I feel it's such a shame that Morrison is leaving in two issues now. He's just reaching a peak on the title now. I felt kind of sad about that after finishing the issue. I wish he was staying longer on Action.

Shawn....Ummm....Why? What does that have to do with Action Comics?

Not a thing. I was not being clear when I thought that out earlier. I was just making a general critique of the main DCnU books; with all the (bad) changes, creative teams on a rotating door and so on. So as a sort of wacky response, pick the seemingly least inoffensive books. Earth 2 being of them, maybe.

Best to nod and smile at this point