13 members have voted

1. 1. Justice League

• Justice League (Johns, Lee)
    • JLI (Jurgens, Lopresti)
    • Aquadog (Johns, Reis)
    • Wonder Chick (Azzman, Chang)
    • The Flash (Manapul)
    • Captain Tiny (Krull, WII)
    • Green Arrow (Krul, Jurgens, Nocenti incoming)
    • Mister Terrific (Wallace, Gugliotta)
    • Savage HawkDragon (Daniel, Bonny, Tan)
    • Furry Firestorm (Harris, Van Sciver, Cinar)
    • none of these
  2. 2. Superman and the Lanterns of Green

• Action (Mozzer & Mor)
    • Boy (Lobdell & Silva)
    • Girl (Green, Johnson, Asrar)
    • Man (Perez, Merino)
    • GL A (Boris Johns & Doug Mahnke)
    • GLC (Tomasi, no Pasarin)
    • GL NNNNGGGG! (Bedard, Kirkham)
    • Fred Lanterns (Milligan't, Benes)
    • none of the above
  3. 3. Children's Justice

• Teeny Titans (Lobdell, Booth)
    • Static Shock (Bernadin, McDaniel)
    • Hawk & Doo (Gates, LIEFELD, Iaskyou! WHY?)
    • Blue Beetle (Bedard, Iguana)
    • L.G.S.O.H (Levitz, Portela)
    • Legion Lost (De Falco, Woods)
    • no kids stuff
  4. 4. Children's Smut (& some others)

• Stormwatch (Cornell, Sepultura)
    • Grifter (Edmundson, Snafoo)
    • Death's Toke (Higgins, Bennet)
    • Sueisfine Squad (Glass, Rudy)
    • OMAC (Diddy-O, Giffen)
    • Black Ox (Costa, Lottley)
    • Voodoo Booboo, more like (Marz, Basri)
    • Men of War (Brandon, Derrenick)
    • Wild Wild Western (Palmiotti & Gray, Moritat)
    • DCU Presents (Deadman 1-5: Jenkins, Chang; Challengers 6-8: Didio, Ordway)
    • Thanks but no thanks
  5. 5. When they say "Dark" they mean shite, or Vertigo brown.

• Swamp Thang (Snyder, Packet)
    • Animal Man (Lemire, Foreman)
    • Frankie and his Four Seasons (Lemur, Ponticelli)
    • Resurrection Man (Abnett & Lanning, Dagnino)
    • I, Vampire (Jenkins & Jae Lee, I mean Fialkov & Sorrento)
    • Children's Hellblazer, feat. The Hellblazer & his Magick Ho's & some mad dudes (Milligan't, Janin)
    • Demon Knights (Cornell, Neves)
    • these all leave me in the dark
  6. 6. Batman

• Batman (Snyder, Capabullo)
    • Bazinga (Winick, Olivier)
    • Batman & Robin (Tomasi, Gleason)
    • Bats in the Attic (Finch, Jenkins, Finch)
    • Bat to the Future (Lobdell, Rocafort)
    • Batchick (Simone, Syaf)
    • Batlady (Wiii, Jesus was Blackman, no Jesus was Batman, no that was Bruce Wayne)
    • Catchick (Winick, March)
    • Bats of Prey (Sweetchinski, Says)
    • Nightwing (Higgins, Barrows)
    • DC's DC comic: DC (Daniel)
    • Bat's all folks!
  7. 7. On a scale of 0 to 52, how successful was this relaunch?

• 0 - not at all good
    • 2 - not too bad
    • 52 - other

Oh, sorry. I thought it was related to Action Comics, and I couldn't see the connection.

Yeah, I'd say it's best to avoid Earth 2. It doesn't look like the most promising of New 52 books.

They have their own heroes there now. Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, the Atom, Sandman...I think that's it, and all their heroes work for the United Nations.

Lou, agreed totally. I feel it's such a shame that Morrison is leaving in two issues now..

hang on....nobody told me that. :mad:

Shawn told us all. He's the bearer of bad news. Andy Diggle is taking over after Morrison, and I'm sure he won't be continuing the direction of Morrison, so I'll be out.

Shawn told us all. He's the bearer of bad news.

You would be surprised how often this sort of phrasing is used by people in my life :tongue:

Wonder Woman #15-I picked this up, as this is the start of the New Gods story-line (I believe). Well, it looks like this is a DC title I should have been picking up. It's good. Azzarello stretching his wings, which always seem to give good results. Stick to experimentation and leave the street-level crime books to others Azzarello. Your love isn't what you were suited to write.

Now, I'm pretty lost coming in at this point. I'll need to check out the Trades, but this is just my first issue. I think I'll be able to piece it together as it goes along.

The New Gods aspect seems to be over-shadowed so far by the ongoing plot threads, though. I wonder how well that will end up fitting in with the title.

I was planning on doing that too, but I don't think the paperback is out yet, is it? Don't fancy shelling out extra for the hardback.

I just read several recent issues of Detective Comics — a few of Tony Daniel's and the first two of John Layman's. Tony Daniel is probably a lovely guy but his writing is too unpolished for a major DC title. Layman's issues were better written but still totally forgettable. I found myself skimming. Life's too short. Great New 52 relaunch, DC!

Rorschach’s Journal. January 12, 2013:

Multitude of popped collars, Tim Drake never Robin, Wonder Woman reduced to Superman’s arm candy. DC Comics is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The New 52 is an extended gutter and the gutter is full of incompetence. When the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their uninspired writing and editorial mismanagement will foam up about their waists, and all the hacks and their corporate overlords will look up and shout “Please keep buying our comics!”…and I’ll whisper “no.”

• Upvote 1

Yeah. I'm already pissed off about that.

Hey, we've got J.M. DeMatteis again! I bet fans would love to see him writing the Phantom Stranger....so we'll team him up with DanDio.

Hey, Jim Starlin's coming back to DC! He's good at cosmic books, right? OK, put him on StormWatch!

Milligan's Hellblazer sucks? OK, we'll cancel it, and then relaunch it under the DC banner with the Justice League Dark creative team!

DC is being run by the fucking monkey paw. It's true. Don't make any more wishes.

• Upvote 1

You only get the three wishes from that, so does that mean DidioPaw's reign of terror will start to wind down now?

You only get the three wishes from that, so does that mean DidioPaw's reign of terror will start to wind down now?

Knowing his masters (Time Warner), they'll keep the shit going until he dies

Threshold #1-I hated that. It reads like another one of those bad Star Wars rip-offs. Why is it about a Green Lantern anyway? I thought it was going to feature the cosmic DC characters.

Another failure from DC.

Wow! Joker pulled some truly sick, twisted shit on Batman as he lured him into Arkham. There was one bit i was surprised DC let pass. I wasn't a mind blowing issue but damned entertaining, with a nice cliff hanger.

I'm out on Snyder's Batman again until the next story-arc, so I didn't buy this month's issue, but I paged through it.

Yeah, it seems very sick and twisted, but it's just so over-the-top, and from what I saw, it looked like a try to recapture Morrison's Arkham Asylum again....no one is ever going to touch that story, I wish they would just stop copying it.

I might be unfair there, as I didn't read the entire book, just bits and pieces, while looking over the pictures...but I saw enough that screamed "Arkham Asylum wannabe!".

I don't think the whole plot-line has been an attempt to redo the feel of Morrison's book, just most of this issue.

A lot of stuff in this Batman book looks very Saw-esque (yes, the crappy horror movie, I mean). I don't mean that in a negative way when I say it though, in the instance of this comic, more from shock that one of DC's flagship books is doing horror over and above what I've seen in a Vertigo title for years, and far more so than what we've seen in DC:The Dark.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't that's an unfair statement. Yeah there are some Arkham Asylum vibes in this story, amoung other key Batman-Joker stories. It's almost like they wanted out psycho Ledger's Joker....but then did it way too far. I like my Joker funny, not necessarily comically silly, but a dark humor, as in TDK. There's not been as much of that in this arc. He's just been in full twisted psycho mode.

I've not seen Saw. So I don't know about that. But I've heard enough of people who saw Saw to know there's no desire for me to see Saw.

• Upvote 1

I've read a few issues of Detective Comics by John Layman & Jason Fabok and found it to be a solid read. Nothing that will set the world on fire, but if you want a decent Batman story, then that's it

I wouldn't that's an unfair statement. Yeah there are some Arkham Asylum vibes in this story, amoung other key Batman-Joker stories. It's almost like they wanted out psycho Ledger's Joker....but then did it way too far. I like my Joker funny, not necessarily comically silly, but a dark humor, as in TDK. There's not been as much of that in this arc. He's just been in full twisted psycho mode.

I've not seen Saw. So I don't know about that. But I've heard enough of people who saw Saw to know there's no desire for me to see Saw.

I was going by the commercials for Saw. I don't watch things like that either. I was trying to think of a sick, twisted gore-fest that's popular.

The scene with the in-mates hanging from the ceiling and then what happened to the guy dressed like Superman made me think of those commercials.

Oh, I liked the chubby Wonder Woman! She deserves her own book, I think. : )

Yeah, I've only seen hardcover....still waiting on the softy.

Hello, what's this?

http://www.amazon.co...ds=wonder woman

Bought the Wonder Woman trade yesterday. Thought it was all kinds of good. Azzarello is still doing his trademark twisting puns, carrying over dialogue from one scene to the next and generally sowing doubt and uncertainty where others allow exposition to spread freely (but not as confusingly as he did in 100 Bullets). Excellent stuff. I've never read any WW before (except Amazons Attack) so I've no idea how this compares with what has gone before, but I found all the dealing and negotiating amongst Gods quite refreshing for a superhero books; WW doesn't just punch problems away.

However..........I'm sure Tony Akins is a fine artist, but he's no Cliff Chiang. Chiang is one of the best artists in the business IMO. His work has a very distinctive style, which only Phil Noto manages to do better (again, IMO). So the jump from Chiang in #4 to Akins in #5 - #6 was jarring to say the least. Diana took on a sort of Katy Perry-esque blankness, a far cry from Chiang's determined warrior amazon. It wasn't bad as such - I'm sure if he'd been on the title from the start I'd have no problem with it - but it wasn't as good as what had gone before.

I do hope that Chiang returns as the regular artist, but I'll certainly be back for vol 2.

He's back in current issues. I'm not the biggest WW fan, but based on what I have read, this is near the very top, if not the best. Other than the 1980s reboot, WW hasn't been an impressive title, really.