13 members have voted

1. 1. Justice League

• Justice League (Johns, Lee)
    • JLI (Jurgens, Lopresti)
    • Aquadog (Johns, Reis)
    • Wonder Chick (Azzman, Chang)
    • The Flash (Manapul)
    • Captain Tiny (Krull, WII)
    • Green Arrow (Krul, Jurgens, Nocenti incoming)
    • Mister Terrific (Wallace, Gugliotta)
    • Savage HawkDragon (Daniel, Bonny, Tan)
    • Furry Firestorm (Harris, Van Sciver, Cinar)
    • none of these
  2. 2. Superman and the Lanterns of Green

• Action (Mozzer & Mor)
    • Boy (Lobdell & Silva)
    • Girl (Green, Johnson, Asrar)
    • Man (Perez, Merino)
    • GL A (Boris Johns & Doug Mahnke)
    • GLC (Tomasi, no Pasarin)
    • GL NNNNGGGG! (Bedard, Kirkham)
    • Fred Lanterns (Milligan't, Benes)
    • none of the above
  3. 3. Children's Justice

• Teeny Titans (Lobdell, Booth)
    • Static Shock (Bernadin, McDaniel)
    • Hawk & Doo (Gates, LIEFELD, Iaskyou! WHY?)
    • Blue Beetle (Bedard, Iguana)
    • L.G.S.O.H (Levitz, Portela)
    • Legion Lost (De Falco, Woods)
    • no kids stuff
  4. 4. Children's Smut (& some others)

• Stormwatch (Cornell, Sepultura)
    • Grifter (Edmundson, Snafoo)
    • Death's Toke (Higgins, Bennet)
    • Sueisfine Squad (Glass, Rudy)
    • OMAC (Diddy-O, Giffen)
    • Black Ox (Costa, Lottley)
    • Voodoo Booboo, more like (Marz, Basri)
    • Men of War (Brandon, Derrenick)
    • Wild Wild Western (Palmiotti & Gray, Moritat)
    • DCU Presents (Deadman 1-5: Jenkins, Chang; Challengers 6-8: Didio, Ordway)
    • Thanks but no thanks
  5. 5. When they say "Dark" they mean shite, or Vertigo brown.

• Swamp Thang (Snyder, Packet)
    • Animal Man (Lemire, Foreman)
    • Frankie and his Four Seasons (Lemur, Ponticelli)
    • Resurrection Man (Abnett & Lanning, Dagnino)
    • I, Vampire (Jenkins & Jae Lee, I mean Fialkov & Sorrento)
    • Children's Hellblazer, feat. The Hellblazer & his Magick Ho's & some mad dudes (Milligan't, Janin)
    • Demon Knights (Cornell, Neves)
    • these all leave me in the dark
  6. 6. Batman

• Batman (Snyder, Capabullo)
    • Bazinga (Winick, Olivier)
    • Batman & Robin (Tomasi, Gleason)
    • Bats in the Attic (Finch, Jenkins, Finch)
    • Bat to the Future (Lobdell, Rocafort)
    • Batchick (Simone, Syaf)
    • Batlady (Wiii, Jesus was Blackman, no Jesus was Batman, no that was Bruce Wayne)
    • Catchick (Winick, March)
    • Bats of Prey (Sweetchinski, Says)
    • Nightwing (Higgins, Barrows)
    • DC's DC comic: DC (Daniel)
    • Bat's all folks!
  7. 7. On a scale of 0 to 52, how successful was this relaunch?

• 0 - not at all good
    • 2 - not too bad
    • 52 - other

What's with the half peeled sticker look? Yeah that's the logo you use for, arguably, the biggest comic book company around

hmm.....yup...total shit

It'd have to be a lot better to be total shit.

Bleah.

Ah, to be young and think that Mieville is a woman again. I remember those days...

Basically, he's only written one story for comics ...

No he hasn't, not least a Liam Sharp illustrated story in Mieville's short story collection.

Shawn, are you insane?

Chine Mieville is writing the new Dial H For Hero series!

That's going to be near my #1 for most exciting "New 52" releases.

Christian speaks The TRUTH. *

(*DISCLAIMER: not always)

Is this where i come to talk about how much i enjoyed the latest issue of Batman. I don't remember how he got in that labyrinth but i sure did enjoy the twist and turns of the issue. I was almost upside down by the end of it.

I think they just stapled some of the pages wrong. Got it back, said, "Oh, fuck it! We can't ship the book now!". Replies that genius Dan Didio (I'm looking for a job in comics if you're reading this, Dan!), "Hey, cool down. It's a story about Batman being mind-fucked, right? Well, there you go. The readers will think it's just a creative choice. Ship it!".

Hence the issue we ended up with. One of the rare instances where an error added to the plot.

It was awesome!!! "Batman" has not only been consistent but has improved with each issue. I loved it when Bullock called it Siggy the Bat-Signal. And there was a nice touching moment at the end......with Damien?!? It worked. Snyder did a great job of having Bruce deal with some crazy ass shit without any Bat-gear. Also, Capullo keeps getting better and better. His design and panel work are really underrated.

201201191028.jpg

OK I get how some of those are supposed to be tied into comics...lower left = Watchmen, next to that = Green Lantern. But what about the rest? Upper right could be The Flash I suppose.

I think that one's probably Captain Marvel. he gets struck by a thunderbolt, after all.

Animal Man? Or isn't there some Beast Lad in Legion of Superheroes?

I know there's Beast Boy, originally from the Doom Patrol and now associated with the New Teen Titans.

No idea, really.

They grey ones look like elephants.

Is there an Elephant Boy?

Marvel at my maturity as I let that one pass by.

Action Comics 6 was a big improvement on the last few, for me. Stuff happens in a fun way. It's restored my interest in the series.

I seem to be rather out of sync with the reviews on sooperhero-centric comic sites.

Yeah, it's amazing how quickly DC wore out their momentum with the "New 52".

Morrison on Superman is good, but it just feels like something is missing. It's not quite what you expect from Morrison.

I'm surprised it lasted this long, to be honest.

And I'm not sure what is missing from Action Comics. Maybe Morrison set the bar way too high with All Star Superman?

Deadman's story is over. At least if you're talking about DCU Presents. That's an anthology book, and Deadman's story was just the first arc. It's moved on to DiDio doing Challengers of the Unknown...Which isn't good.

What the crap. I subscribed to Deadman. I thought that Challengers of the Unknown they sent me was a mistake. I should read the whole cover. OMAC's first two issues were good, but I have 3 and 4 and I haven't found the impetus to read them.

Yeah, it's amazing how quickly DC wore out their momentum with the "New 52". I was excited about DC again, for the first time in a number of years, and was looking forward to reading a number of the new books. Started out reading a ton of DC titles, and slowly dropped each one, until I'm reading (I think) five of them...and I'm just reading JLD because I'm a completist freak with JC, as I hate this book. DC's line just does seem all to be "by the numbers", all flash and no substance, like the logo of "The New 52" is enough.

And even the logo is flaccid.

Frankly, at this point, I'm willing to just say that Animal Man is the only true success of the relaunch, and they could have easily just launched a new Animal Man series without needing all the sensationalism.

Morrison on Superman is good, but it just feels like something is missing. It's not quite what you expect from Morrison.

Batman by Snyder has gotten a lot of praise, and I'm still reading it each month, but I'm very tired of this story-arc by now. It needs to go somewhere.

Frankenstein is decent, sometimes fun and zany, but there just doesn't seem to be a lot to the book.

I am excited for China Mieville writing Dial H for Hero, but that's just one more title.

It is amazing how badly wasted this whole oppotunity was by DC.

"We'd simply just like to be here, rather than actually try."-The New 52 motto

Morrison's Batman is another series I have but haven't finished. My complaint has been that he needs to do cosmic or at least metaphysical stores, play to his strengths (I sense again the heavy hand of DC editorial) so it's a real downer to hear his Superman is off. I've heard good things about Snyder's Batman but I rolled the dice and subscribed to Detective, about which I have nothing good to say. Two of my old favorites were Firestorm and Green Lantern Corps but their new runs are choppy and noisy. I doubt I'll renew anything, and I rarely visit my LCS anymore.

It does? You mean the Batman:The Return of Bruce Wayne mini? Yeah, that was.

Batman Inc. was a great improvement over Morrison's earlier Batman work, that's for sure.

A lot more fun and wild ideas thrown at the page, and a lot less of Morrison trying to convince you that you were seeing the world through the eyes of a person on a drug trip....