13 members have voted

1. 1. Justice League

• Justice League (Johns, Lee)
    • JLI (Jurgens, Lopresti)
    • Aquadog (Johns, Reis)
    • Wonder Chick (Azzman, Chang)
    • The Flash (Manapul)
    • Captain Tiny (Krull, WII)
    • Green Arrow (Krul, Jurgens, Nocenti incoming)
    • Mister Terrific (Wallace, Gugliotta)
    • Savage HawkDragon (Daniel, Bonny, Tan)
    • Furry Firestorm (Harris, Van Sciver, Cinar)
    • none of these
  2. 2. Superman and the Lanterns of Green

• Action (Mozzer & Mor)
    • Boy (Lobdell & Silva)
    • Girl (Green, Johnson, Asrar)
    • Man (Perez, Merino)
    • GL A (Boris Johns & Doug Mahnke)
    • GLC (Tomasi, no Pasarin)
    • GL NNNNGGGG! (Bedard, Kirkham)
    • Fred Lanterns (Milligan't, Benes)
    • none of the above
  3. 3. Children's Justice

• Teeny Titans (Lobdell, Booth)
    • Static Shock (Bernadin, McDaniel)
    • Hawk & Doo (Gates, LIEFELD, Iaskyou! WHY?)
    • Blue Beetle (Bedard, Iguana)
    • L.G.S.O.H (Levitz, Portela)
    • Legion Lost (De Falco, Woods)
    • no kids stuff
  4. 4. Children's Smut (& some others)

• Stormwatch (Cornell, Sepultura)
    • Grifter (Edmundson, Snafoo)
    • Death's Toke (Higgins, Bennet)
    • Sueisfine Squad (Glass, Rudy)
    • OMAC (Diddy-O, Giffen)
    • Black Ox (Costa, Lottley)
    • Voodoo Booboo, more like (Marz, Basri)
    • Men of War (Brandon, Derrenick)
    • Wild Wild Western (Palmiotti & Gray, Moritat)
    • DCU Presents (Deadman 1-5: Jenkins, Chang; Challengers 6-8: Didio, Ordway)
    • Thanks but no thanks
  5. 5. When they say "Dark" they mean shite, or Vertigo brown.

• Swamp Thang (Snyder, Packet)
    • Animal Man (Lemire, Foreman)
    • Frankie and his Four Seasons (Lemur, Ponticelli)
    • Resurrection Man (Abnett & Lanning, Dagnino)
    • I, Vampire (Jenkins & Jae Lee, I mean Fialkov & Sorrento)
    • Children's Hellblazer, feat. The Hellblazer & his Magick Ho's & some mad dudes (Milligan't, Janin)
    • Demon Knights (Cornell, Neves)
    • these all leave me in the dark
  6. 6. Batman

• Batman (Snyder, Capabullo)
    • Bazinga (Winick, Olivier)
    • Batman & Robin (Tomasi, Gleason)
    • Bats in the Attic (Finch, Jenkins, Finch)
    • Bat to the Future (Lobdell, Rocafort)
    • Batchick (Simone, Syaf)
    • Batlady (Wiii, Jesus was Blackman, no Jesus was Batman, no that was Bruce Wayne)
    • Catchick (Winick, March)
    • Bats of Prey (Sweetchinski, Says)
    • Nightwing (Higgins, Barrows)
    • DC's DC comic: DC (Daniel)
    • Bat's all folks!
  7. 7. On a scale of 0 to 52, how successful was this relaunch?

• 0 - not at all good
    • 2 - not too bad
    • 52 - other

Just read a run of half a dozen issues of Frankenstein (including the OMAC Didio).

That is some crazy mixed up ideas n action comic writing.

There are moments that remind me of Steve Gerber's Defenders, quite daft characters ideas turned into meaningful people.

And yet lots of cannon fodder.

The Animal Man crossover was the most gruesome of the tales, but not the darkest. Each of the central protagonists that Frank and his team come up against has a degree of pathos that suggests and unlike many comics delivers an impact on our hero.

I am quite looking forward to the next JLD on this basis.

(qv JLD thread)

See? More craziness ! (<- this exclamation mark brought to you by DC's publicity pre-solicits department)

• FRANKENSTEIN and THE CREATURE COMMANDOS must investigate suspected double-agents in SHADE field offices. Their first stop is the UNTROPOLIS – an exact copy of Metropolis that floats upside down in the 4TH CLOUD above Superman’s home town.

Batman Annual #1-This is the problem with these relaunches, when they revamp old characters for the new direction. Often times, they try to push the envelope further than the character's original back-story. This is the case with this version of Mr. Freeze. The Batman:The Animated Series version was perfect. This is just an attempt to portray Mr. Freeze as a total madman. He's hardly as interesting, especially in a comic book field already filled with homicidal, delusional maniacs.

I really wish I hadn't paid $5 for this.

The Animal Man Annual, on the other hand, was excellent. I don't mind the price-tag so much.

One quibble is that I don't see how the Red could try to extend its reach and take over. If the Red attempts this, it'd just end up feeding The Rot in the end anyway. Over-population will lead to dying off, so the Red really wouldn't be very good at doing what the Rot or the Green could conceivably accomplish.

Still, a small complaint in another good story in DC's one real winner from the "New 52"*. Good job, DC! One out of fifty-two.

*OK. Frankenstein is also good, but it's not quite as solid a package, lacking in some depth.

Actions Comics I do like, but it's still missing something.

Batman Annual #1: I thought the 'connection' between Freeze and Nora was pretty neat. At first i was like, "Why is Bruce being so mean?" Not sure about the ending though. What was the point of that? Also not sure of Freezes suit. For a dude that would be killed by normal temperatures it makes no sense to walk around in a sleeveless shirt with a fishbowl on your head.

It was either that or lines all over his costume, Lou.

That's ok, Lou. Neither does any one else.

He means with all the overly rendered costumes in the New 52. Like Superman's & Batman's costumes having lines to make them look armored

Oh, yeah, right....got it. Sorry, dog, I'm a bit thick.

Obviously wasn't clear enough to work as a joke, Lou. Mea culpa.

Not your fault, man, I really am thick in the head these days. I'm no match for your quick English wit. Hell, I don't know what Adrian is talking about half the time.

Alan Scott is now a gay character.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/01/its-official-alan-scott-the-original-green-lantern-is-dcs-newest-gay-hero/

Please no jokes about green flame or his weakness being wood. :icon_wink:

Serious though, I'm sort of mixed on this. I know Robinson will probably write him fantastically. You need only look at his past work on Starman & JSA for that. However, it seems like they just made him gay for the sake of publicity. The bigger issue for me is that Earth 2 is no longer home to heroes from the WWII era.

Anyone want to take bets on when, not if, Alan's BF gets killed soon? Or perhaps during his origin?

I find Earth-Two to be a really, really bad book. It's just all wrong.

I wish it was a "Golden Age" super hero book, instead of whatever the hell it is.

Yeah, were DC thinking when they decided on Alan Scott? His weakness is wood...Geez.

Everyone was expecting that Northstar's new boyfriend was going to be killed by the end of the story-arc, but instead, they're getting married. So, yeah, Scott's boyfriend will probably end up killed.

Exactly correct!

It's confusing why DC wants to have 5 year old universe, Earth 1 & 2.

The concept of of superheroes during WWII is still integral to comic culture and history.

Hell even Smallville sort of got it right. They introduced the JSA as an earlier set of heroes (I don't think they confirmed or denied any WWII connections) adding some history and legacy to the mythos. That is all but gone in the New 52 era. I miss it, as it was one of the things I enjoyed in a DC comic over Marvel

Not your fault, man, I really am thick in the head these days. I'm no match for your quick English wit. Hell, I don't know what Adrian is talking about half the time.

Not 'alf.

Seing JC in Animal Man was great. Seeing JLD was not.

Also, the last Animal Man Annual was fucking excellent. This really is turning out ot be a great read.

To no one's surprise DC is cancelling books.

Voodoo, Resurrection Man, Captain Atom, Justice League International

Also, Scott Lobdell will take over writing Superman.

To one's surprise, it will continue to suck.

To nearly everyone's surprise, books such as Green Arrow, Hawkman, Grifter, Deathstroke, Teen Titans, The Ravagers (oh there's too many)are still around.

To bad about Resurrection Man, i liked that one.

In other news, after trying it for 2 issues, i'm deciding i just don't like Dial H very much. There is something about the writing i just don't like, so i'm dropping that one.

I sort of understand what you mean about Dial H, Dave.

Although I will get another issue or two before deciding. But yeah...it's...I don't know. I think the wacky hero creations are very cool but that's kind of it. Hopefully now this mystery woman is on the scene we can get some where with a story.

The art is perfectly suited for this book. And nominate him for Hellblazer

Resurrection Man was like a poor man's version of the original series.

Dial H is one of the DC books I actually like.

At the rate that these "New 52" books are falling, I'm wondering if DC is going to be able to find replacements, or if they're just going to give up on having a full line-up of titles...maybe they'll have a line made up of just Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern books.

Love Dial H but the 2nd issue wasnt quite as good as the 1st. Had some great looking heroes that didn't get any action so hopefully he get a Shamanticore issue pretty soon.

To no one's surprise DC is cancelling books.

Voodoo, Resurrection Man, Captain Atom, Justice League International

Why do they keep relaunching Captain Atom and JLI anyway? They've always been poor-selling C-list titles.

During it's Giffen/DeMatteis run, JLI was one of DC's top selling books. The problem with the later versions is they use the title but the stories don't have any of the fun of the original book. I think if they had put someone like Gail Simone on the title instead of Dan Jurgans that book could have been a hit.