13 members have voted

1. 1. Justice League

• Justice League (Johns, Lee)
    • JLI (Jurgens, Lopresti)
    • Aquadog (Johns, Reis)
    • Wonder Chick (Azzman, Chang)
    • The Flash (Manapul)
    • Captain Tiny (Krull, WII)
    • Green Arrow (Krul, Jurgens, Nocenti incoming)
    • Mister Terrific (Wallace, Gugliotta)
    • Savage HawkDragon (Daniel, Bonny, Tan)
    • Furry Firestorm (Harris, Van Sciver, Cinar)
    • none of these
  2. 2. Superman and the Lanterns of Green

• Action (Mozzer & Mor)
    • Boy (Lobdell & Silva)
    • Girl (Green, Johnson, Asrar)
    • Man (Perez, Merino)
    • GL A (Boris Johns & Doug Mahnke)
    • GLC (Tomasi, no Pasarin)
    • GL NNNNGGGG! (Bedard, Kirkham)
    • Fred Lanterns (Milligan't, Benes)
    • none of the above
  3. 3. Children's Justice

• Teeny Titans (Lobdell, Booth)
    • Static Shock (Bernadin, McDaniel)
    • Hawk & Doo (Gates, LIEFELD, Iaskyou! WHY?)
    • Blue Beetle (Bedard, Iguana)
    • L.G.S.O.H (Levitz, Portela)
    • Legion Lost (De Falco, Woods)
    • no kids stuff
  4. 4. Children's Smut (& some others)

• Stormwatch (Cornell, Sepultura)
    • Grifter (Edmundson, Snafoo)
    • Death's Toke (Higgins, Bennet)
    • Sueisfine Squad (Glass, Rudy)
    • OMAC (Diddy-O, Giffen)
    • Black Ox (Costa, Lottley)
    • Voodoo Booboo, more like (Marz, Basri)
    • Men of War (Brandon, Derrenick)
    • Wild Wild Western (Palmiotti & Gray, Moritat)
    • DCU Presents (Deadman 1-5: Jenkins, Chang; Challengers 6-8: Didio, Ordway)
    • Thanks but no thanks
  5. 5. When they say "Dark" they mean shite, or Vertigo brown.

• Swamp Thang (Snyder, Packet)
    • Animal Man (Lemire, Foreman)
    • Frankie and his Four Seasons (Lemur, Ponticelli)
    • Resurrection Man (Abnett & Lanning, Dagnino)
    • I, Vampire (Jenkins & Jae Lee, I mean Fialkov & Sorrento)
    • Children's Hellblazer, feat. The Hellblazer & his Magick Ho's & some mad dudes (Milligan't, Janin)
    • Demon Knights (Cornell, Neves)
    • these all leave me in the dark
  6. 6. Batman

• Batman (Snyder, Capabullo)
    • Bazinga (Winick, Olivier)
    • Batman & Robin (Tomasi, Gleason)
    • Bats in the Attic (Finch, Jenkins, Finch)
    • Bat to the Future (Lobdell, Rocafort)
    • Batchick (Simone, Syaf)
    • Batlady (Wiii, Jesus was Blackman, no Jesus was Batman, no that was Bruce Wayne)
    • Catchick (Winick, March)
    • Bats of Prey (Sweetchinski, Says)
    • Nightwing (Higgins, Barrows)
    • DC's DC comic: DC (Daniel)
    • Bat's all folks!
  7. 7. On a scale of 0 to 52, how successful was this relaunch?

• 0 - not at all good
    • 2 - not too bad
    • 52 - other

To bad about Hawkman not being cancelled though: it was bad enough under the original writer, so Christ knows how shit Leifeld's made it since they switched him in.

During it's Giffen/DeMatteis run, JLI was one of DC's top selling books. The problem with the later versions is they use the title but the stories don't have any of the fun of the original book.

This just about sums up the problem with 98% of the "New 52".

Replacements have, indeed, been announced for the canceled DC titles.

Boy, are these books going to piss people off.

Two new titles (one about an owl, the other may or may not be written by Chuck Dixon). The return of Amethyst. And, Phantom Stranger...by DiDio.

http://acomicbookblog.com/2012/06/new-and-canceled-series-from-dc-comics-in-september/

I'm going to give all of these a pass.

There's one thing Phantom Stranger has going for it: Brent (Astro City) Anderson!

But why Didio? They couldn't find any one else?!?! I mean....was Bob Harras busy? Or Chuck Austen has too heavy a schedule?

A different creative team could have sparked my interest on Phantom Stranger but no thank you. And as much as I like Scott Snyder's Batman, I have no desire to read the tales of a Talon gone rogue.

I may regret these decisions, but not likely.

Batman this month, once again, was a great read with fantastic art. Especially Batman soaring over Gotham. The reveal of [ Spoiler : Bruce's, long-lost brother Thomas Wayne Jr. being a Talon for the Court of Owls and is now...Owlman(?) ] didn't bother one bit. I thought it was brilliantly explained and presented well. Besides, this is a new universe...so why not? Plus it adds something new (and old) to Batman

Assuming Lincoln March is telling the truth, or that this idea hasnt been implanted in his brain by the Court.

As usual, can't wait for the next issue!

Yeah I thought that too. But I think this is for real. Batman seems to believe it, after looking back at the evidence. Snyder & others have not denied the appearance of this person.

And Snyder is building his story in the back ups

I have no doubt he will write an epic Joker story. He came very close to doing so on his Detective Comics run

Has anyone mentioned how good Azzarello's Wonder Woman is? I never gave a shit about the character, couldn't even imagine caring about her story, but hearing all the good things, I picked up the singles from the local library. What can I say? Azzarello clearly hit his stride as a writer, showing just how versatile he is. We have all the wordplay that can be expected from Azz, but he doesn't overdo it, the characters and the story are the real meat and bones. I won't spoil anything, but Wonder Woman has more in common with Sandman than 100 Bullets. The art by Cliff Chiang is smooth and a perfect pairing to the story Azzarello is telling. Seriously, give it a chance

I was thinking of grabbig the trade Maritimus. Never cared for WW before but it is getting the good word.

I think you will not be disappointed.. The only problem i can think of is that it is an ongoing story and the trade does not wrap the arc, but there's plenty to enjoy in the meantime. That said, each issue has a little theme or a little story to it, it's not like Azz is taking advantage of the format and writes for the trade. Also, issue 7 kicks ass, so keep reading after you finish the trade..

Dial H #3 was...a thing. There was too much confusion when I read it or maybe I was tired. It feels like China is being mysterious and vague for the sake of being mysterious and vague. Or sort of like he's the only one who really gets the joke.

Also, having TWO people with dials sort of takes away from the uniqueness

The Alan Scott redux continues to suck. [ Spoiler : Gone are the magical elements of his powers, rather his powers come from the Earth (2), manifesting as...green fire, of course. He has now become the avatar of the Green. Yes, that's right! Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern, has become....Swamp Thing. All that hullabaloo about him being in a gay relationship apparently was nothing more that a cheap plot device so he can have movtivation or something. And obviously Grundy is now the avatar of the Grey aka the Rot. ] Lastly, the costume is bad. However, Nicola Scott is a great artist.

Quite so. So glad I skimmed through it and didn't buy it. As of now, I can see nothing, besides Nicola Scott's art, that makes this worth wasting time & money on. Unfortunately that is not enough.

Conversely, Animal Man #11 was the business!! Buddy gets a new body with a tweak to his powers, which make a lot of sense, then shows up to kicks ass & chew bubble gum. Alberto...what's his name, from Franketstein, did a great fill-in job for Pugh

I really enjoyed Animal Man, Dial H, and Action Comics this week.

Dial H reminds me a lot of Steve Gerber's Omega The Unknown.

I liked the whole hinting about the influence on the creator(s) of the telephone too.

Animal Man was, indeed, awesome.

I did read Earth-Two's new issue and I have to agree with Shawn. I'll not be ever picking this book up again.

It's hilarious, really. DC should have put "Special Gay Issue" on the cover of last month's issue, because Alan Scott didn't even seem to care about his almost-fiancee.

Dan fookin' Didio writing Phantom Stranger?

Bleah.

Won't be looking at that one...

National Comics:Kid Eternity #1 was disappointing. I don't like the update of Kid Eternity. I found the script really obvious, although Lemire's writing was fine. I wouldn't want to see a Kid Eternity on-going based on this story.

Damn, that's a let down. I thought for sure the combo of Kid Eternity and Lemiere would be a sure winner.

As far as the "earl '90s Image level of bad" thang goes, you do know that Rob fookin' Liefeld is being brought back to write a few comics in a couple of months?

At least they didn't ask him to draw.