13 members have voted

1. 1. Justice League

• Justice League (Johns, Lee)
    • JLI (Jurgens, Lopresti)
    • Aquadog (Johns, Reis)
    • Wonder Chick (Azzman, Chang)
    • The Flash (Manapul)
    • Captain Tiny (Krull, WII)
    • Green Arrow (Krul, Jurgens, Nocenti incoming)
    • Mister Terrific (Wallace, Gugliotta)
    • Savage HawkDragon (Daniel, Bonny, Tan)
    • Furry Firestorm (Harris, Van Sciver, Cinar)
    • none of these
  2. 2. Superman and the Lanterns of Green

• Action (Mozzer & Mor)
    • Boy (Lobdell & Silva)
    • Girl (Green, Johnson, Asrar)
    • Man (Perez, Merino)
    • GL A (Boris Johns & Doug Mahnke)
    • GLC (Tomasi, no Pasarin)
    • GL NNNNGGGG! (Bedard, Kirkham)
    • Fred Lanterns (Milligan't, Benes)
    • none of the above
  3. 3. Children's Justice

• Teeny Titans (Lobdell, Booth)
    • Static Shock (Bernadin, McDaniel)
    • Hawk & Doo (Gates, LIEFELD, Iaskyou! WHY?)
    • Blue Beetle (Bedard, Iguana)
    • L.G.S.O.H (Levitz, Portela)
    • Legion Lost (De Falco, Woods)
    • no kids stuff
  4. 4. Children's Smut (& some others)

• Stormwatch (Cornell, Sepultura)
    • Grifter (Edmundson, Snafoo)
    • Death's Toke (Higgins, Bennet)
    • Sueisfine Squad (Glass, Rudy)
    • OMAC (Diddy-O, Giffen)
    • Black Ox (Costa, Lottley)
    • Voodoo Booboo, more like (Marz, Basri)
    • Men of War (Brandon, Derrenick)
    • Wild Wild Western (Palmiotti & Gray, Moritat)
    • DCU Presents (Deadman 1-5: Jenkins, Chang; Challengers 6-8: Didio, Ordway)
    • Thanks but no thanks
  5. 5. When they say "Dark" they mean shite, or Vertigo brown.

• Swamp Thang (Snyder, Packet)
    • Animal Man (Lemire, Foreman)
    • Frankie and his Four Seasons (Lemur, Ponticelli)
    • Resurrection Man (Abnett & Lanning, Dagnino)
    • I, Vampire (Jenkins & Jae Lee, I mean Fialkov & Sorrento)
    • Children's Hellblazer, feat. The Hellblazer & his Magick Ho's & some mad dudes (Milligan't, Janin)
    • Demon Knights (Cornell, Neves)
    • these all leave me in the dark
  6. 6. Batman

• Batman (Snyder, Capabullo)
    • Bazinga (Winick, Olivier)
    • Batman & Robin (Tomasi, Gleason)
    • Bats in the Attic (Finch, Jenkins, Finch)
    • Bat to the Future (Lobdell, Rocafort)
    • Batchick (Simone, Syaf)
    • Batlady (Wiii, Jesus was Blackman, no Jesus was Batman, no that was Bruce Wayne)
    • Catchick (Winick, March)
    • Bats of Prey (Sweetchinski, Says)
    • Nightwing (Higgins, Barrows)
    • DC's DC comic: DC (Daniel)
    • Bat's all folks!
  7. 7. On a scale of 0 to 52, how successful was this relaunch?

• 0 - not at all good
    • 2 - not too bad
    • 52 - other

Well, I gave them a fair crack of the whip, but one year on and they're still terrible books.

So, bye bye* to:

Red Hood

Nightwing

Stormwatch

Justice League Dark.

Anything I should try picking up in their place?

Comic shop still has the first 5 issues of Dial H - is it worth picking up?

Any advance word on Uncanny Avengers?

Any recommendations on the recent New 52 additions?

*can't bring myself to cancel Green Arrow. It's got to get better sometime, right?

You're reading Swamp Thing and Animal Man, are you? Action Comics?

I like Dial H so I'd give those a try. I've also heard good things about Wonder Woman.

I agree with Lou. However, with Animal Man & Swamp Thing, it might be harder since they've basically been doing a year+ long story. Maybe trades?

Wonder Woman slowly crept up on me and I'm enjoying it. You could easily start with the 0 issue then go from there. It's a nice silver age send up showing some of Diana's background on Paradise Island.

I'm still a bit torn on Dial H right now. But once you sit and read all the issues, it gels together. The 0 issue is for the most part passable and unnecessary.

I'd also suggest Batman, if that's your flavor. Snyder + Capullo are awesome. The next issue might be a good place, new story arc with the return of the Joker. Bonus points for not being necessary to read all the tie-in books.

If you want just good solid superheroing, then I'd go with Flash. The story is not the greatest in the world, but Manapul & Buccelleto are freshing up some stories with amazing artwork. The 0 issue might be a good place to start. Then coming up in a few months: Gorilla Grodd + a Rogues war

Thanks guys.

Aye, I've already got Animal Man and Batman on my list. Never really been a fan of Swamp Thing so haven't been picking it up (I know it's going to be a pain in the arse only reading half of the crossover with AM though).

Currently got:

Animal Man

Batman

Batman Inc

Batman & Robin

Daredevil

Green Arrow

Happy

Hellblazer

Saucer Country

Walking Dead

I think I'll give Dial H a go for a while, pick up the single issues this week maybe. I already was planning on waiting for the WW paperback so I'll maybe try Action Comics in the meantime.

Thanks. Any other suggestions gratefully recieved.

Atticus, for what it's worth, I've never like Swamp Thing either. Couldn't get into Alan Moore's run, etc. (blaspheme, I know) However, I love this run by Snyder & Paquette/Rudy

If you're looking to fill your pull list, Atticus, then might I suggest some of Image's titles like Prophet, Saga and Fatale. Top notch stuff all the way round. Prophet gets my nod for comic of the year.

If you're looking to fill your pull list, Atticus, then might I suggest some of Image's titles like Prophet, Saga and Fatale. Top notch stuff all the way round. Prophet gets my nod for comic of the year.

Seconded on those three. I'd add Mind MGMT

Also, Batwoman! JHW3 is simply amazing. Add Haden Blackman to help with the writing and you've got some great stuff. I'd suggest pick up the 0 issue for some background, if you're not too familiar with the character. Then get the issue before it, they just started a team up with Wonder Woman

The only problem with Saga and Mind MGMT, is that they're either dense or complex reads. You really need to read both books since #1 to get into the plot (or even understand it in the case of Mind MGMT).

I second the Batman love.
... Prophet ...and Fatale. Top notch stuff all the way round. Prophet gets my nod for comic of the year.

What Lou said.

The second arc of Prophet isn't working for me as well as the first did, but the title still gets my vote on the strength of the first arc.

I'd vouch for the current run of Swamp Thing too. Though the #0 was rather pointless.

The crossover works as parallel stories rather than being totally dependent, but I enjoy reading them back to back each month.

It also shows how a DCU wide crossover can be done in a tolerable fashion.

If you PM me you can have my trade paperback of Prophet, which is nice as people say, but under my new policy of not hoarding books, I'd be glad to send it to a new home.

I'd vouch for the current run of Swamp Thing too. Though the #0 was rather pointless.

The crossover works as parallel stories rather than being totally dependent, but I enjoy reading them back to back each month.

The ST/AM stuff is what I look forward to just about the most each month. Quality stuff right there.

GASP! Morrison is leaving Action Comics?

I don't know if I'll keep reading it. I'm expecting a huge change in tone, as Diggle is known for more down-to-earth material, not so much the Silver Age pastiches that Morrison has worked into his pseudo-Golden Age motif on the book.

So...Morrison is just going to keep writing Batman Inc. for the "New 52", and that's it? Ugh. I was hoping he'd finally get over Batman before he left Superman. I'm just really sick of Morrison on Batman. It's like the run that never ends. I'm sad to say, because it's Morrison, but he wore out his welcome on Batman a few years back now, if you ask me.

I much prefer Snyder's take on Batman to Morrison's now. Morrison's version was fun for a while, but it gets old after a few years. The Snyder version, which is the "classic" take on Batman basically, is timeless.

I wish Morrison would take over some other book, one of the lesser tier books, and try to spice it up.

I'm fairly certain that Batman, Inc is just a maxi-series and will end around issue 12 or something.

And yes, Morrion's last AC issue is #17.

Diggle & Daniel, I'm not too sure about. I've not read anything by Diggle for so long, I don't feel connected to him, you know? Daniel can do decent art. But definitely not the team I'd think would be best for your flagship title.

The only problem with Saga and Mind MGMT, is that they're either dense or complex reads. You really need to read both books since #1 to get into the plot (or even understand it in the case of Mind MGMT).

I understand theres a tpb of #1-#6 of Saga, so I'll give that a whirl and see if I'll pick it up from #7.

My appetite to re-fill my standing order after the cull of crap New 52 titles has been sated by the Happy and DD: End of Days minis, and the new LOTDK (which the comic shop guy recommended highly). So I'll hold off on Prophet, and Fatale was always going to be one for the trades for me.

Thanks for the recommendations, all.

I hadn't realised it was Brian K. Vaughn's new title, totally slipped under my radar. I do like me a bit of BKV.

Was the Night Force six parter part of the new 52 or not?

Cracking little mini series, either way...

It's part of that continuity, reintroducing the concept to the "New 52", yeah.

Since it's a mini-series though, it's not labeled as part of the "New 52", because that would put DC's monthly allowance of comics over the magic number of 52, and Morrison will not have that.

I hadn't realised it was Brian K. Vaughn's new title, totally slipped under my radar. I do like me a bit of BKV.

I never really got into Y:The Last Man, so my opinion might not be the majority, but I'm enjoying Saga much more than Y.

It reminds me a lot of an early Ursula LeGuin book.

Do you mean that in a generic sense, or does it remind you of a particular one?

Anyway, just saw the cover of Saga and noticed it was a Fiona Staples work. I loved her stuff on the Jack Hawksmoor mini-series a few years back, so I'm sold already. Can't understand how I missed this.

I missed that Andy Diggle's artist on Action is Tony Daniel. Tony's art isn't really my cup of tea, although the inkers he's had on Detective recently have made it look less 1990s.