Sign in to follow this  
slinker

You can't judge a comic by its cover

(Sorry slinker, these seemed a bit distracting in the Hellblazer tpb thread.)

I was admiring the new series Swamp Thing covers - reminded of how they looked in the olden days.

paquette_fairbairn_swampthing_6_cover.jpg

And I can't speak highly enough of Yuko Shimizu's covers on Unwritten.

unwritten34.jpg

http://www.yukoart.com/news/covers.html#

Covers. What are your favourites this past year?

That issue of The Unwritten looks like it's going to cover the Angels of Mons legend.

I like the pictures that Slinker posted, they remind me of all those great kinda pulpy mass market paperbacks of the 1960s-1970s.

Just nothing beats the feel of holding a good musty mass market paperback in your hands.

I'm a sucker for painted comic covers, myself.

Those look sweet!

Sign me up for painted covers as well. Can't come up wth an example for 2011 at the mo but you get the drift.

I like the pictures that Slinker posted, they remind me of all those great kinda pulpy mass market paperbacks of the 1960s-1970s.

Just nothing beats the feel of holding a good musty mass market paperback in your hands.

Abosultely!!! I sometimes will prefer to buy one of those old, musty, yellowing editions over some more recent. The look, the feel & smell is something special.

Some of my favorite comic covers have been from Unwritten. Specifically those "Unto Genesis" with all their pulpy goodness

I can't site any specific covers but I will say Dave Johnson has turned out the most eye popping in 2011.

That's a natural pairing between hero and villian that i don't believe i've seen very much, but makes a lot of sense when you think about it. I might have to pick up that issue.