Sign in to follow this  
dogpoet

Brett Ewins

How strange co-incidence is. I was reading a collection of old 2000 ad stories, Bad Company" just this afternoon, I had never read that artists name that I remember before, and here I find this.

He is lucky that he lives in the UK, instead of Queensland or Victoria in Australia, or some US states for that matter. Very sorry for the Constable, and sounds like Mr Ewins deserves our sympathy a little too.

Matters have taken a turn for the worse, despite Brett Ewins' recovery

http://tonyvwright.tumblr.com/post/18909727661/brett-ewins

He was in the trauma unit just over three weeks. He had lost two stone and could, then, just about stand unaided but he was out of any serious danger so the medical staff thought he was in good enough condition to be moved to his local hospital. On the day of the transfer his family left after visiting him, expecting him to be in Ealing Hospital that evening. Instead, he was spirited away, without their knowledge, to Charing Cross Police Station where he was kept in a cell until the early hours before being interviewed. The next day, in a hospital dressing gown, hardly able to stand, and not understanding much of what was going on he was taken to Uxbridge Crown Court where he was charged with GBH, had bail denied and remanded to Wormwood Scrubs.

Sadly, this sort of situation is only going to get worse as mental health serices and police forces are diminished in the name of austerity.

Or saving money for financial gamblers.