• Reading
    • Enjoying
    • Not buying
  8. 8. Do any of the new books interest you

• The New Deadwardians
    • Voodoo Child
    • Saucer Country
    • Fairest
    • The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Mina, art: Manco)
    • Gone To Americkay (HC: McCulloch, art: Colleen Doran
    • Shooters (HC: vertigo crime: Traumann & Jerwa, art: Steve Lieber)
    • Mystery In Space (80page, includes: Paul Pope, Mike Allred, Ann Nocenti, Kyle Baker, Andy Diggle, Davide Gianfelice)

If you'd recommend it, select enjoying, otherwise you are merely reading it.

I'd be interested if there are any of the longer running ones that you are buying in the same way that some folks are buying Hellblazer?

ie not enjoying but compelled to buy out of habit.

Loving Scalped right now and fully recommend it. Guess that's old hat by now.

At first I figured it to be just another well written crime drama, but the deeper this one goes the deeper the tale/characterization/suspense/etc. Only on the 2nd trade but it is Vertigo's new flagship title to me.

I remember a time when all of my pull would be Vertigo books and now there's only a couple. Shame.

I clicked not buying on UnWritten, but that's not entirely true as i am buying it in Trades. And enjoying them too. Fables i'm buying out of 100-odd issue habit, and i waffle between reading & enjoying iZombie.

I am so behind on Scalped & American Vampire I feel ashamed since they are both so good.

I buy The Unwritten on a monthly basis, and never want to miss it!

I do buy Northlanders and Scalped in Trades, but I don't regularly keep up on either series.

I do enjoy the books, but they've just never so engrossed me that I have to rush and get an order for every Trade.

Those are the only Vertigo books I currently have any interest in.

I gave up on Fables after the Trade with the 100th issue, as the book is never going to end, and seems to have totally run out of steam by this point.

I am going to read Saucer Country. On one hand, I'm excited by the concept. On the other hand, I could really go without any ham-fisted political fiction. Maybe Cornell might be subtle with the politics, but it sounds like that's as big of a part of the plot as the UFO elements. So, I might end up growing tired of the book very quickly, but there's still promise in the concept.

My poll has "not reading" for every choice, except The Unwritten, which I voted "enjoying", and then Saucer Country got a nod.

I can't afford to buy some of them that i surely would if I had money.

So I read them in the library if I can.

I will drop every other expenditure I make on my lesiure INCLUDING BAIT AND FISHHOOKS ! ! ! ! before I drop Unwritten.

Had to chose an option in the last poll even though I'm not looking forward to any of them.

Not currently reading any Vertigo titles, am rereading 100 Bullets though as - despite having the whole lot in trade - I never actually got around to finishing it. Always been tempted by Scalped, have the first trade and thought it was ok - was reluctant to get too into it at the time as I didn't think it would go the distance...shows what I know!

Apart from Hellblazer, the only one I'm reading at the moment is The Unwritten, which I'm definitely enjoying rather than reading out of habit.

The Voodoo book and Saucer Country both look interesting, so I'll give them a couple of issues at least. (Not bothering with New Deadwardians as I have no interest in reading anything by Abnett that doesmn't involve Marvel's cosmic characters, and I'm also sick fed up of zombies by now...)

Always been tempted by Scalped, have the first trade and thought it was ok - was reluctant to get too into it at the time as I didn't think it would go the distance...shows what I know!

Half way through the third trade right now. It gets so much better. Each trade is better than the last as we go deeper into this thing.

Scalped is one of the best series of comic books I've ever read. I could not recommend it enough. Each trade is better than the previous one.

I read American Vampire, but I'm about to drop it.

I recommend Unwritten heartily. It's very clever.

Buying Fables out of habit. It doesn't suck but it's not great. I did enjoy the last issue though. Haven't read this month's yet. I picked it up though.

Not reading I Zombie.

I'm reading Spaceman but I'm not sure what I think. Issue 3 was its best so far, so we'll see.

Sweet Tooth is quite enjoyable, but IO don't think it's for everybody.