JohnMcMahon

Hellblazer #288

11 members have voted

1. 1. Your marks out of 10 for #288, please...

• 0 (I did not buy this book)

HELLBLAZER #288

21146_400x600.jpg

Written by PETER MILLIGAN

Art by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and STEFANO LANDINI

Cover by SIMON BISLEY

John Constantine has been to hell before, but this time it’s for real. Our London chancer must gamble with a powerful adversary, while in the land of the living Epiphany draws blood and Gemma regrets toying with the feelings of gangster Terry Greaves. The line between Hell and Earth fades in part 2 of “Another Season in Hell.”

I want a 10-point poll. Please. (Haven't read the issue yet, though.)

Best issue since the annual. I thought it started off slow and the devil's wager was a bit of a convenient plot device, but the way the story unfolded wasn't bad at all. The pacing (after the first few pages) was good, the art was a bit inconsistent but not so I'd complain too much about it. A good solid issue-with lotsa titties. I gave it a 7.

Wasn't too bad. Hopefully the end is for real. I'd think John would have a stiffer chin in hell but whatever. Also, I like Terry as a character and I think there could be better stories written about him and John.

I hated this issue and give it a two.

The writing is atrocious. I don't buy any of the character's motivations, as there's no real motivation for how they act.

I don't see much reason to praise anything in such an awful story, but the presentation of the Masters' part of Hell wasn't bad. Just like their hometown, except totally bleak and hopeless. It's a believable portrait of a Christian Hell, if one were to give credence to a notion like Hell.

Middle of the road stuff, the First seemed far too dismissive of John given how all their previous meetings have panned out and twin...sister ?

As far as the First, he had John agree to the Devil's bargain, of course. He finally unveiled his ultimate master plan. He knew John would cross his fingers, because he's got John's psychological profile figure out now. :icon_wink:

Yeah, no idea about the twin sister...Golden Boy plots are old, you didn't know about the triplets, now did you? John'll soon be throwing that Golden Girl (her name is Blanche) over a cliff.

That was paced like a nightmare. I didn't buy Nathan Explosion at all. If the inevitable fight between Terry and Gemma happens when John's due to pay a penalty in Hell, is that synchronicity?

4/10.

Whats Milligan got aginst Gemma lol.

Got to keep her down so that Epiphany can keep being the only awesome woman in John's life.

^She's so adequate!

That was paced like a nightmare. I didn't buy Nathan Explosion at all. If the inevitable fight between Terry and Gemma happens when John's due to pay a penalty in Hell, is that synchronicity?

4/10.

I took it that was John's penalty, but maybe I'm wrong. I just thought the First was influencing Terry.

Hahaha. Please write a "One Shot" issue "[over-used word]O, that Damned Dog" and get sethos to draw it.

Dear Sethos, are you in?

4/10.

I took it that was John's penalty, but maybe I'm wrong. I just thought the First was influencing Terry.

I guess we're supposed to think it was the First's doing. After the last issue set-up of the suspicion that Gemma's using Terry and Epiphany mentioning his spousal abuse this issue, I get the feeling it would have happened anyway. Maybe karma is using precogs now.

What the hell is up with this twin-sister-killed-in-the-womb nonsense. Hadn't we done that before? I wonder if this comic book can get any dumber.

I will buy Hellblazer when you all tell me that Milligan has introduced [over-used word]O, The Blazerdog.

I'd be happy to, but unfortunately [over-used word]o the Blazerdog is too busy humping my granny's bad leg.

What the hell is up with this twin-sister-killed-in-the-womb nonsense. Hadn't we done that before? I wonder if this comic book can get any dumber.

Sorry are we talking about the new Adam Sandler.

No. It might send you into a fit of deep depression if you come back for this month's issue.

It's probably a slip on the part of the writer on a book that the editor doesn't really care to read anymore.

Another instance of this obsession to dig up old continuity to use, and then not even using that continuity properly?