JohnMcMahon

Hellblazer #288

11 members have voted

1. 1. Your marks out of 10 for #288, please...

• 0 (I did not buy this book)

[ Spoiler : And FotF using Terry to kill 'Piffie?. That was good, who else would he use but one of his own.

]

I would have preferred something like... ugh... the magic trenchcoat compelling an innocent, so we knew for certain if it were part of someone's design, and whose. I can't believe I said that.

I would have preferred if the magic trenchcoat had gotten a job as a chippendal dancer and eventually fell in love with a stripper with a heart of gold. The two would then go on to live a happy live, serving as a juxtaposition to the life of John Constantine.

In the end, the magic trenchcoat, living in a little yellow house in the suburbs, would think, "My, how John has wasted his life."

I would have preferred if the magic trenchcoat had gotten a job as a chippendal dancer and eventually fell in love with a stripper with a heart of gold.

Actually, something pretty similar happened towards the end of Milligan's run on Shade.

Badumtish. But I was thinking more of the 'Nasty Infections' story, where Shade's armoured suit runs off with his young fuckbuddy. It doesn't end well.

In the end, the magic trenchcoat, living in a little yellow house in the suburbs, would think, "My, how John has wasted his life."

It would look great on his twin sister.

Hmm...It's funny how awful stories in HB worked quite well in Shade.

I had forgotten about both of those Milligan Shade stories until you guys mentioned them.

I think the main difference there is that most of the storytelling in Shade was rooted in the character's messy breakup with consensus reality, which gave Milligan a bit more leeway for that sort of plotting.