Sign in to follow this  
jaynova

I love Grant Morrison, but...

it would make more sense, given it is ellis book ^^

but king mob and spider j have certainly a similarity to them.

defolliculated

??? i really don't get what you want to say with the word, my first guess would've been something like: shaved, but apparently follucilated has nothing to do with hair at all :blink:

A warren Ellis character who looks similar to another character from another comic?

:ohmy:

When does that ever happen? That's utterly unprecedented, that is...

• Upvote 1

wait there's only two issues of multiversity out right now right?

Three, I believe.

Oh man that last issue was fantastic. That world follows the events of All Star Superman, yeah?

No, I don't think so.

Nope, he stayed in the Sun. He came back during One Million, tho, some ten years [or, erm, a million years if we're talking in-continuity] before he even got stuck with fixing the Sun.

Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham's human-hating horror comic 'Nameless'

Nameless is a forthcoming six-issue miniseries by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham. Described by Morrison as his first full-on horror comic, both he and Burnham have been working very hard to find some of the most terrifying, depraved ideas ever dreamed up for the hero, Nameless, to face. ... courtesy of Image Comics, EW has an exclusive first look at preview pages from Nameless #1.

Yeah...so. Pax Americana. That was fucking intense. I can't even rate it until I read it again backwards

• Upvote 1

Yeah...so. Pax Americana. That was fucking intense. I can't even rate it until I read it again backwards

Agreed! I need to digest it all again, make sense of it. All in a very good way.

it's funny how grant morrison hates alan moore's influence so much that he rewrote watchmen with better characterization

TRUTH! He out Watchmen'ed Watchmen! In some alternate universe this was Watchmen.

The issue is so multi-level-meta I may need few reads to get it all. Also, I need to refamiliarize myself with the Charlton characters. I know Beetle & Question, a bit of Captain Atom, but that's it.

Oh damn!! Was it ever so brutally wonderfull to have the real Question back! It was like an old friend coming back after being away for so many years. Who is the Question? Morrion + Quietly just answered.

BTW, when reading the Question it was, indeed, with the voice of Jeffrey Combs.

Edited by Shawn

I need to refamiliarize myself with the Charlton characters. I know Beetle & Question, a bit of Captain Atom, but that's it.

Speaking of... I thought Atoms name was Nathanial Adams, not Allen. Maybe that was just post crisis DC not Charlton? (Humpback)

holy shit, this was the worst thing i've ever read. there are maybe a few points in there but this whole "GRANT MORRISON ISN'T IDEOLOGICALLY CORRECT. HE HAS AN INDIVIDUALIST MESSAGE" is just..stalinist, I can't think of a better word.

Which is to say that in hindsight chaos magic fits perfectly into the narrative of the nineties that has in hindsight proved so disastrous: the “third way” liberalism of Bill Clinton and Tony Blair that took for granted that it was possible to achieve meaningful social justice while fawning obsequiously at the feet of the most powerful people in the world. While it is largely a given that any attempt at radical reform of political institutions will swiftly be watered down and compromised, the triangulating leftism of the 1990s made the somewhat astonishing decision to sell our the possibility of major social change as its opening gambit, foreclosing on the possibility of revolution first and trying to bring one about second. In hindsight we can look at the consequences of the neoliberal consensus - a massively expanded wealth gap, a financial sector that can crash the global economy on the back of what is in practice little more than a terribly complex version of video poker and see no significant regulation in exchange, and all that good stuff.

No, of course Grant Morrison didn’t cause the financial crash. But as a form of radicalism, the one he spells out is fundamentally and irretrievably complicit in it. Chaos magic is magic for libertarians. It sprung up, unsurprisingly, in the late nineties because it was a flavor particularly suitable for the techno-libertarians who disproportionately dominated the early Internet. And it was, in hindsight, a complete and utter bust. It’s just another flavor of the Heinlein-style science fiction that animated Babylon 5 and space opera in general. It amounts to Robert Heinlein in fetish gear, which is mostly just redundant.

LET'S RANK ART ACCORDING TO HOW REVOLUTIONARY IT IS. THE BEST ART IS THE INTERNATIONALE. THE WORST ART IS THE GULAG ARCHIPELAGO OR DARKNESS AT NOON.