Sign in to follow this  
jaynova

I love Grant Morrison, but...

Sure am loving Nameless but thanks to Cousin Dave I cannot stop reading it as John Constantine in space.

• Upvote 2

If it was meant to be a HB story, then I'm glad it didn't happen. I think the only thing worse than Milligan's run would have been "Constantine in Space".

The second issue certainly improves. It's not as clear-cut as "outer space will save us all, welcome to our utopian brave new future!" which is what I feared. I still can't help but think this is far too similar to Roche Limit though.

there was a space adaption of dracula in space and i think of friday 13th too... maybe do a crossover with john constanteen as well? machete vs fangs vs golden shotgun GO

Multiversity: Ultra Comics-Ha, ha! This comic was awesome! It makes me happy!

Sure, Morrison has done this many times before now, but this comic was actually interactive. He didn't just break the fourth wall this time, he broke the walls down.

It even has its own criticism included.

I got a leery feeling when I started reading the book and was thinking of seeing if next issue is the final issue. At that very moment, I read the panel (his voice in my head!) "Whatever you do, don't look ahead to the end." I got a creepy feeling and decided to just keep reading.

Plus, Ultra the Multi Alien, so how can you go wrong?

I got a sense of Alan Moore's about this one.

My least favourite in many ways but enjoyed that meta 4th wall thing

:-)

Has anybody seen these Zenith reprints Titan are doing at the moment?

Proper looking 2000AD collections, for a change, like the albums from the '80s in hardcover: full page size, unlike the more American comic size collections Rebellion have been doing. Lovely editions, and I hope they actually manage to finish collecting the whole thing this time...

It was good alright. I'm not sure what is going on at mission control other than mayhem but...

Multiversity #2-OK, this fell apart at the end.

I'll admit that I even had some trouble getting through this comic.

Multiversity still stands as one of the best comics of the 2010s. It's not like this issue serves as much of a book-end for the rest of the series anywhere.

Oh, and completists will want to note that The Hellblazer (from Earth-13) did show up in this story.

I wish the ending could have lived up to what came before, but perhaps, this wasn't the type of story to be read as a linear narrative, expecting a whole story with beginning, middle, and ending. As a finale, this seems more like it's setting up potential future Multiverse spin-off series..."Before Watchmen" anyone?

Grant Morrison writing some great individual stories in the middle of a series before an unsatisfying ending? No...

I've still not read his Doom Patrol, i really need to track that down.

I enjoyed this just fine, it wasn't the best issue of the series, but it left we wanting more.

"Multiversity 2" :-)

Maybe you had to be reading Convergence at the same time and thus confuse yourself into thinking this was part of that.

As you all know, I have speculated so much that Convergence is leading into the Multiverse that Morrison postulates that I now believe they are The Same Story.

In summary this was one of the better issues of Convergence.

hellllo

C Entertainment is about to become a little more crowded, with Grant Morrison launching a new line of graphic novels based on the alternate worlds he created for his critically acclaimed The Multiversity series, it was revealed during his San Diego Comic-Con panel Saturday.

The new series, which will be published under the umbrella title Multiversity Too, will draw from the Multiversity Guidebook Morrison wrote for the earlier series, which featured introductions to 52 different Earths, each filled with superheroes inspired by core DC characters like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. The series will launch with The Multiversity: The Flash in 2016, although the identity of that speedster — whether it's the regular DC version Barry Allen, Earth 2's Jay Garrick or Earth 16's Wally West, to name but three — remains a mystery, as does the artist for the project.

Multiversity Too wasn't the only new line of graphic novels Morrison announced with DC during the panel; he's also be returning to the company's Dark Knight for a new series titled Batman: Black and White, which will pair the writer with a rotating cast of artists for an anthology in which he'll explore different facets of the Caped Crusader.

Grant Morrison To Fly Through Endless Universes for ‘Multiversity Too’ and ‘Batman: Black and White’ in 2016

by Steve Morris July 11, 2015 5:15 PM

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

At San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, DC announced that writer Grant Morrison has two new projects launching with the publisher in 2016. The first is a sequel to this year’s acclaimed Multiversity. Called, of course, Multiversity Too, the new book will take the form of a series of graphic novels throughout next year. For the second project, Morrison will take the lead on a series of Batman: Black and White graphic novels working with various artists.

Read More: Grant Morrison Announces New DC Projects for 2016 | http://comicsalliance.com/grant-morrison-multiversity-too-batman-black-and-white/?trackback=tsmclip

Grant Morrison To Fly Through Endless Universes for ‘Multiversity Too’ and ‘Batman: Black and White’ in 2016

by Steve Morris July 11, 2015 5:15 PM

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

At San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, DC announced that writer Grant Morrison has two new projects launching with the publisher in 2016. The first is a sequel to this year’s acclaimed Multiversity. Called, of course, Multiversity Too, the new book will take the form of a series of graphic novels throughout next year. For the second project, Morrison will take the lead on a series of Batman: Black and White graphic novels working with various artists.

Read More: Grant Morrison Announces New DC Projects for 2016 | http://comicsalliance.com/grant-morrison-multiversity-too-batman-black-and-white/?trackback=tsmclip

I'm glad to see Morrison returning for more Multiversity.

I could do without seeing Morrison on Batman anymore. The last so many issues of his Batman Inc. wore me down and it started to be a chore to care in the slightest. I'd rather see Morrison's take on a different DC character he's never worked on before. I'll still check it out, because it's Morrison, but Batman was never his strongest book (there were some good Batman stories somewhere in the middle of his seeming never-ending work on the character though).

You sometimes suspect that he got all of his best Batman stories out of his system while he was writing JLA in any case...

Indeed. GM is an auto-buy cat for me. Plus I think they re-released the trades in more of a deluxe format