A. Heathen

Hellblazer casting thread

He'd be awesome as a 60 yr old John, same with Callum Keith. But if they want a younger John, most of our selections fall short.

• Upvote 1

Well yes, but if they want a younger John, they could just cast Keanu Act again...

Well yes, but if they want a younger John, they could just cast Keanu Act again...

If I thought you were serious, I'd have downvoted you!

• Upvote 1

c/o our mutual friends, but i wish i thought of this.

if they were going to cast john constantine with an actor from 'bill & ted', wouldn't bill have made more sense from a casting perspective?

Bill-and-Teds-Excellent-Adventure-Reboot-500x473.jpg

Good call. So that's McDowell as old John, Bettany as young John.

Maybe someone should just to a re-edit of Gangster No. 1?

mcdowell is closer to john than sting, to me. i know john's supposed to be sting, but sting never moshed or had a hardcore element in his personage. mcdowell would have kicked the shit out of sting. i got no hate for sting, he's just less of a man than mcdowell. i probably am too.

• Upvote 1

mcdowell is closer to john than sting, to me. i know john's supposed to be sting, but sting never moshed or had a hardcore element in his personage. mcdowell would have kicked the shit out of sting. i got no hate for sting, he's just less of a man than mcdowell. i probably am too.

it's okay, many people are :P

Good call. So that's McDowell as old John, Bettany as young John.

Maybe someone should just to a re-edit of Gangster No. 1?

speaking of bettany / gangster no. 1 , i'm just going to be that annoying douche that loves to self-promote his shit and suggest you check out my hellblazer fan trailer :

• Upvote 1

I like.

There's two scenes in that film that would transfer perfectly - the sort-of-psychic needling match with thingy from This Life, and that victim's point of view sequence.

Want to watch it again now.

• Upvote 1

I like.

There's two scenes in that film that would transfer perfectly - the sort-of-psychic needling match with thingy from This Life, and that victim's point of view sequence.

Want to watch it again now.

i don't remember ever seeing john butchering a man to death , so i'm not so sure what you mean about the second part. lol

i don't remember ever seeing john butchering a man to death , so i'm not so sure what you mean about the second part. lol

Ah, but imagine if it was the point of view of an angel...

Ah, but imagine if it was the point of view of an angel...

maybe if he was carrying around some book full of rituals instead of a bag full of killing tools and the angel was surrounded by a pentagram on the floor, then i guess it makes more sense :P

Nah, it's all about the scalpels. Cover of issue 61 sort of thing.

Off to watch the DVD now.

So did Alan Moore.

:icon_wink:

You'd need a time machine for that one, though.

(Maybe David Tennant would be available?)

I watched a movie with Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt in which Pitt played an IRA guy staying with Ford (his politics unbeknownst to Ford until the climax). but Pitt's love interest could easily be Kitt. That's all I thought of whenever she was onscreen. "That's Kitt!"

Does anyone know the movie I'm talking about? I don't have a guide and my cable was messed up and won't show the history of what I watched.

I watched a movie with Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt in which Pitt played an IRA guy staying with Ford (his politics unbeknownst to Ford until the climax). but Pitt's love interest could easily be Kitt. That's all I thought of whenever she was onscreen. "That's Kitt!"

Does anyone know the movie I'm talking about? I don't have a guide and my cable was messed up and won't show the history of what I watched.

The Devils Own.

She's a good choice for Kit, but I originally thought she should be played by Maria Doyle from The Commitments. Probably because I read my first Hellblazer (#62) not long after the film came out.

25114.jpg

But lately I'd definitely say that Orla Brady has just the right look to play Kit.

orla_brady_1820.jpg250px-Heartland_1.png

• Upvote 2

no idea. got it off tumblr from a dude who usually posts pics of callum keith rennie. is it him as a younger?