4. 4. Do You Like Alan Grant?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I liked Ian Malcolm better....
  5. 5. Would You Like Grant On SHIELD?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Sounds dirty.
    • Only with some Chichester on the side.
    • I'd prefer Ian Malcolm
  6. 6. Is this the dumbest poll ever on this forum?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • One of, but not the
    • Other than Hellblazer #291
    • Where's the Chichester?
    • Make it stop!

A Trade release listing Alan Grant as one of the authors.

http://www.thecultden.com/1/category/nick%20fury/1.html

At first, I thought it must be a misprint. Alan Grant on SHIELD? The more I pondered this, though, the more unlikely it seemed that Marvel would mistakenly put Alan Grant's name as a contributor, randomly. It's not like Grant had the presence at Marvel for them to make that mistake.

It turns out that Grant wrote a fill-in issue which finishes out this collection (issue #11). Cam Kennedy was even on art.

I'd never spend that type of money for a bunch of comics written by D.G. Chichester....but, I'd be interested in hunting down the Grant comic to see if it's any good.

I didn't realize Grant did any writing for Marvel at any point.

They already lost the rights to the series that Grant did for Epic, and barring Marvel paying for the rights to release Trades of their Robocop series, I didn't expect to ever see a Marvel Trade with Alan Grant in the credits.

I realize this is a limited topic, and probably no one will respond...but, hell, it's not like people are creating threads in the Comic section anyway.

(Yeah....boring night.)

Didn;t Alan Grant write Excalibur for a bit? I believe I have one of those trades at home. I'll have to double check.

You're thinking of Alan Davis.

He took over on Excalibur after Claremont left the book and before Ellis came on. He was doing the art with Claremont.

Chichester.....that's a cheese? or something?

Didn't he write Daredevil for awhile. There was a faked death. Twin brother. DD wearing armor.

Yes. He's the one who almost single-handedly ruined DD after the character had such a glorious 1980s.

I'm pretty sure the "twin brother" was also a construction worker....

He's on my list of "worst comic creators who I refuse to read", somewhere near Austen, Dixon, and Mackie.

Ah ha! Yes.

I recall (with help from the internet) Matt faked his death and came back acting as a sighted person named Jack Batlin, after his dad.

Bad memories. so....cold.....

What a dumb name....

The only memories of the run I have are that a lot of the covers were neat, and that people kept asking, "Aren't you Matt Murdoch?", and getting the reply of, "No. Matt's dead. I'm Jack Batlin.".

It happened multiple times per issue, it seemed like. Just random people on the street would stop and ask him, "Aren't you Matt Murdoch?". They didn't even know Matt Murdoch. They would just ask him, so he could tell them, "No. Matt's dead. I'm Jack Batlin.".

"Wait a second. Aren't you Jack Batlin?". "No. Jack's dead. I'm Matt Murdoch. Oh, wait...dammit!".