Sign in to follow this  
Lou K

Comic Books Are Gay

Shawn-I used to really love the "Golden Age" character work that Roy Thomas did at DC. Have you read any of that?

All-Star Squadron is magic, and Infinity Inc. is pretty fun too.

I've not read those. sadly. Isn't Infinity Inc full of the kids of JSA members?

Yes, it is.

Young All-Stars is also neat. It's what Thomas was forced to do to fix continuity after the Crisis wiped out most of the stories he wrote for All-Star Squadron and he had to cancel that book.

Thomas doesn't get as much credit as he deserves most of the time, I feel.

Young All-Stars was a lot like proto-League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

One of the characters is the main character of the old pulp novel Gladiator by Philip Gordon Wylie.

There are story-arcs where the team meets characters from Edgar Rice Burroughs' work and another really good story-arc where the All-Stars meet up with every being from pulp fiction whose plot involves Antarctica.

Plus, there's a story that ties in to the movie Metropolis (Thomas started that thread while writing All-Star Squadron though).

Milligan is currently penning Stromwatch with Apollo and Midnighter. As it's the reboot, we're seeing their relationship get started and be developed and I'm enjoying how it's coming about. I've seen scans of them together thus far from the previous writers of this run and from Midnighter flirting shamelessly and Apollo's reservations but shyly enjoying his advances, it's been nice seeing them develop.

The being gay thing would have had more impact if that thing that happened immediately afterwards had not happened.

Go ahead and spoil it for me. I'm not reading it.

The being gay thing would have had more impact if that thing that happened immediately afterwards had not happened.

Go ahead and spoil it for me. I'm not reading it.

[ Spoiler : A train (sadly not entering a tunnel) explodes.

On that train are Alan Scott and his boyfriend who has been introduced in quite a matter of fact way - which I liked - only a few pages earlier. Of course this is the last panel, so who knows where it is going? ]

I'm increasingly picturing that scene from "The Worm" taking place at TimeWarner/AOL, with the publishing office being beseiged by angry writers and artists who storm the building and then throw Dan Didio from the highest window they can find.

Now that you mention it, I bet he meant Kilowog. It was revealed that Kilowog is a Communist.

"Gay Communists from space"...hmmm...FOX News would sound almost rational the DC Universe...

"Just super, thanks for asking,

All things considered I couldn't be better I should say!".

:)