Sign in to follow this  
Lou K

Iron Man 3

Same here! The lady and I, along with a few friends, will hit the midnight showing. It's become a thing. We were going to see the marathon but we don't it in us to watch Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Avengers then Iron Man 3. We are so old. Late night movie marathons are for the young.....or those without a full-time job.

Additionally, thus far IM3 has had a bigger opening internationally than the Avengers!! Some current tracking predicts it will rake in more than the Avengers. Possible?!? Maybe. They are tapped well into the Chinese/Asian market.

actually, either I fell asleep for part of the movie or I really didn't see any part of the flick that was shot in China. Also, aside from some generic baddies in the end fight, I don't think I spotted any asian actors.

I just want to stare at that house longer than they let you in the trailer.

575630_10151442537631633_822705599_n.jpg

It's ok. I heard it was shit, but it's a decent flick, just not a great one. Much better than the second one, though.

I just want to stare at that house longer than they let you in the trailer.

575630_10151442537631633_822705599_n.jpg

You should see the house it was based on - called The Razor, it's in California and sold recently for $14m. It's gorgeous, but for that sort of money I'd want more than 4 bedrooms!

http://www.hurwitzjamesco.com/razor/detail.htm

That link says $32m but obviously the recession has hit since it was originally sold.

?.

It's ok. I heard it was shit, but it's a decent flick, just not a great one. Much better than the second one, though.

?.

The second one was the good one, surely?.

Saw it, loved it.

I am probably repeating myself here, but that Downey Jr fella did us all a big favour getting his shit together. Love the tough love he is prepared to dish out to others. =] Mean prick. And so good looking too, the barstard.

Sir Ben Kingsley stole the show for me though, that has to be an Oscar for supporting actor?. He had the lot of us laughing out loud, which hardly ever happens in an Auckland crowd. And Guy Pearce really is a very talented actor. And I even didn't sit there wishing the child actor away, that was a nicely acted part too.

However . . . 22 dollars!. Arrgh.

I know a few people are upset about the Mandarin but i thought it was funny.

• Upvote 2

I thought it was brilliant. People thought they'd go one way with the Mandarin, then it looked like it was going another way. Then Black & co. went it a totally unexpected direction. It made perfect sense within the context of the story. Massive credit to Sir Ben.

Small gripe: they didn't touch on the fact that the group that kidnapped Tony in the first movie was called the Ten Rings.

?.

?.

The second one was the good one, surely?.

No. Oh, no.

Like, that was the one with Scarlett Johansson, so that is why you might be confused.

The first one is the better one, IMHO. I'd even go as far as saying it was the best Marvel movie to date.

I know a few people are upset about the Mandarin but i thought it was funny.

me too.

Some people will get upset over anything. The original Mandarin doesn't really work in a modern context (unlike the Red Skull did because it was set in WW2) and this take was very relevant to the current state of the world and media.

Oh for sure, it wasn't actually even a good representation of actual affairs in China when he was written into existance. I fucking loved what they did with it, not just because it lead to the funniest little splurt of character acting ( Kiwis being what they are, the toilet humour got a real roar of laughter, plus the offer of "One of the birds" too ), but because of how completely over the top yet strangely reminiscent of the spirit of some extremes the rogues of the modern business community go to.

Plus the whole thing about media beat-ups and the power that the reaction of the media to unfolding events has to control public and government perception of the events.

• Upvote 1