Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

SHAZAM! It's Young Constantine (#5)

Why do we even care anymore? They've made it apparent this is not our John Constantine. They've made it apparent they're not gearing Constantine to fans of Hellblazer (all 12 that were left by the end). So, what does it matter what they do to him?

I hope they replace Chas with Space Cabby and let John soar the spaceways fighting cosmic threats too big for any other New 52 hero to deal.

• Upvote 2

Oh, hell! See, you need to read the comic before judging it. Spoilers are up for Constantine, and you need to read that.

I know this should be in a spoiler, but I can't resist. This needs to be seen, as it's going to get everyone running out to the shop to pick up this issue.

Chris returns in this issue! That's right. You read that right. Chris is back!

Suddenly, this book just became a classic.

:laugh:

....But, why is there a guy called Mop Mop?

Is that John's new put down?

Hahaha ha haHAHAhaHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAhaHAHAhaha hahaha AHAHA haha HAHAHA hahahahaHAhahahahAHAhahaHAHAHAha. HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaHAHA hahahahaHAHAHAhaHAHAHAhaHAHAHAhahaHA. HAhahaHAHAHAhahahaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaHA hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha.

AaaaahahahahahaahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha hahahaHAHAHAha HAHAHA hahahahaha. HAhahaHAHAHAhahaHAhaHAHAHAhahaHA haha hahahaha hahahahaha hahahahahaaaaaahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAha hahahahahahahahahahaHAHAhahaHA hahahaHAHAhahahaHAhaHAHAHAHAHAHAhaha. Heh.

I hope they replace Chas with Space Cabby and let John soar the spaceways fighting cosmic threats too big for any other New 52 hero to deal.

I'd actually read that, if I'm honest.

• Upvote 1

Man, at the LEAST, he should have fucking lit a ciggie with the SHAZAM lightning. John's all about using things in ways people haven't previously. And taking the piss out of pompous pricks that really need it. Which DC DESPERATELY needs.

• Upvote 1

Man, at the LEAST, he should have fucking lit a ciggie with the SHAZAM lightning. John's all about using things in ways people haven't previously. And taking the piss out of pompous pricks that really need it. Which DC DESPERATELY needs.

He should be going after Didio next, then?

• Upvote 2

I am afraid I am with Mark and Greg on this, that made me laugh like a child who has been given a toke on some good shit, and a balloon full of helium. I am so glad no one is in earshot, they would be cracking out the butterfly nets. I was going "Yep, that is OK, of course Conjob would try to trick the only A-grade Superhero he is tooled up to handle, and of course he could nullify the magic, it has happened to Batson before many and many a time" . . . then just peals of squeaky girl-like laughter.

OH oh oh oh, why didn't one of you guys notice?.

In the scene, that in the link is shown directly after the bar scene where Batson is revealed

He is throwing the horns with an actual demons set of horns . . . and head, of course

You can't get more metal that that !.

• Upvote 2

See, part of me is glad to see no discrimination in their shittery. They offer equal opportunity dips in the toilet, so no one has their aspirations blunted.

I liked the way [ Spoiler : Billy Batson saved the day ] but apart from that, this was awful.

Nothing more than a throwaway crossover to feed the corporate DCU.

I do not pay for Constant Teen comics, but they still owe me a refund.