Christian

Hellblazer #294

Do You Care?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• 10-I still care!
    • 5-I care a little.
    • 1-No sir, I don't care.

Curse of the Constantines: Part 2 - (W) Peter Milligan (A) Giuseppe Camuncoli, Stefano Landini (CA) Simon Bisley

Another murder raises John Constantine's suspicions that his long-lost nephew is a sadistic killer. After a weird séance with his late sister Cheryl, Constantine travels to Ireland, finds more writing on the wall and meets a peculiar cult that seems to have been expecting him.

I really have nothing to say about this issue.

There's nothing wrong with it, but it's just there.

The cover was neat looking, I guess.

I'll give it a 6. Far better than what we've seen from Milligan, but as a monthly issue in its own right, it left me with nothing to say.

Oh, I paged through the issue again, and I thought of something.

I didn't like the scenes with Cheryl.

Besides that...

Now, Cheryl had this baby at the age of 14? Where was John? Did Milligan explain this and I forgot, or is it another part of Milligan's run that doesn't make sense?

I originally thought, when they said Cheryl had another child, that it took place when she was in her early-20s.

So, John didn't realize Cheryl had another baby. Didn't John notice his sister getting fat or the tension in the house or anything? How did John not know Cheryl was pregnant at 14?

Solid enough. I liked the Hungry Man.

But if the big sister was 14 years old 34 years ago, our Constantines have suddenly lost a decade or so. It would have made more sense (though lost the teen-pregnancy angle) if Cheryl had been older and John was away doing his punk things.

It's worrying that this is yet another story where the Piffy and mis en scene stuff is far more entertaining than the main plot...