A. Heathen

Commemorating Hellblazer 2013

26 members have voted

1. 1. When should we arrange a Hellblazer memorial

• The 25th anniversary of Hellblazer #1 (January 2013)
    • The date of the final issue (February 2013)
    • John Constantine's 60th birthday (May 2013)
    • other (please note in thread)
  2. 2. Where should the main event be?*

• London
    • Liverpool
    • Newcastle
    • Inside Dan Didio's rectum
    • other

I'm fairly certain I've come across emigree on multiple occasions in English texts. Oh well. Well aware of the version with the é at the end, but can't be arsed to have to find the accented letter every time I want to type something, mainly because my keyboard is full of šđžć keys.

Ah, the racist "welcome" your lads got here? Don't worry, most media here managed to subtly spin it as their own fault, and that we were unfairly punished by <<insert relevant international football organization>>. It saddens me to say they got off pretty easy, the way football hooligans are.

I've been to one of Gravett's lectures when he was here, a year ago, seemed like a nice chap, though I feel he's not quite capable of bridging the cultural gap to understand how some local comics seem like a bigger deal than they actually are, so he ends up with slightly warped notions of the state of things around these parts.

Red. what kind of Hellblazer nerd does not know when is "John Constantine's 60th birthday" ???

Me. When is it?

So, Ade, any chance of Mike joining us on this momentuous occasion?

Late to the party again - just looking at Feb's solicitations and saw the bombshell, brought me back here to see the thoughts. Pretty much sums up the comics scene for me at the moment with a few exceptions. Bloody hell though no Hellblazer.... another peice of my world chipped away! Hope everyone is ok, sorry long time no see :) I'm up for celebratory pint in May if I can get down, if people don't mind me gate crashing after so long.

• Upvote 2

There are lots of people who cannot attend.

It'll probably just be me and Rohne.

I'm going to make a serious effort to drag the Oslo contingent with me. The only thing which could stop me coming is if I have union business, but that seems highly unlikely on the weekend.

No dragging required on this side of it, at least - Malin and I are definitely going to be there. Accommodation arranged already, and everything. We'll be in London from the 9th to the 13th.

That leaves only one STH: Oslo member still to confirm. Steve? How about it?

That is quite splendid news.

I'll see what I can do for accommodation etc, as the well known Hellblazer advocate, J-Mac is promised the sofa.

I will probably have to work on the Friday but if not, we can all go and have a "The Full Jason T" at Hawksmoor Restaurant.

Friday night being the main celebration, I propose an appropriate pub followed by an inappropriate curry.

Saturday shall be the Constantinian tour of London. This be the only day you won't have time for daytime touristry and I should point out it's FA Cup weekend so accommodation may be expensive /difficult the later you leave it.

Sunday, hopefully hangover lounge will be in action.

Talking of deadlines for booking, folks in the North East etc might want to make a note of this website

http://www.grandcentralrail.com/tickets-timetables/train-fares/great-value-advance-fares/

and register for alerts on their cheap tickets which look like being available in three or four weeks time

(Money saved on otherwise prohibitive travel amounts to reasonable B&B :-) )

Good plan! Let's find a nut-free inappropriate curry.

have just had a quick chat with my other half and a London trip should be do-able. Although BY LAW we have to spend at least 75% of the time moaning that it's friendlier/cheaper/more honest back in Yorkshire OR THEY WON'T LET US BACK IN.

We need a confirmed date so Cev can book time off work soon though, please.

• Upvote 1

Oh, also, it's my 40th in June, so sounds like a good enough excuse for an excursion to me :icon_wink:

I just wanted to be sure that's set in stone. Once it's booked off there's no changing it, see.

We need a more organised list of who's in.

Ade

Mark

Malin

Pooka

Mr Pooka

Edited by A. Heathen
(add to the list folks, include "possible" if in doubt)