A. Heathen

Commemorating Hellblazer 2013

26 members have voted

1. 1. When should we arrange a Hellblazer memorial

• The 25th anniversary of Hellblazer #1 (January 2013)
    • The date of the final issue (February 2013)
    • John Constantine's 60th birthday (May 2013)
    • other (please note in thread)
  2. 2. Where should the main event be?*

• London
    • Liverpool
    • Newcastle
    • Inside Dan Didio's rectum
    • other

* We know that not everyone will be able to be in one place, but you all might want to consider joining us online or gathering somewhere locally. Please feel free to vote for the date and place even if you are most likely to be online only.

Tick all that apply in q2

Given early responses, London in May is looking likely, but as one or two people are thinking of making long trips to be with us, I am of a mind to plan visits to several key places around England (sorry, No Denise Mina tour as nice as that would be).

eg Long awaited visit to Ravenscar,

Newcastle and Liverpool are not really that vital.

Anyone interested in such a trip / got any suggestions ?

Edited by A. Heathen
UPDATED 11/11 in red

I think it should be in January, but if it's in May, I would be able to come to it and grace you Britons with my ever so humble presence! (exclamation point and everything)

• Upvote 1

I obviously won't be around for it, but I'd go with January, unless you can get more people together in May (don't want to ignore Slinker's comment), but I think the anniversary of Hellblazer #1 would be more appropriate.

I can see too many tears in February. Wouldn't want to ruin your manly image, by having so many teary eyed photos.

It's manly to cry. I cry all the time now as I head into my 50s in a few years. I cried watching Walking Dead the other night (and I believe Lou and John did too, but they had to go and act all macho about it). But I don't allow pictures of me to be taken as they steal parts of my soul, and after the accident, I don't care to show my scarred ugly mug in perpetuity. So, anyone photogging me will feel the steel tip of my walking cane, they will by god! :boogie:

I voted for Conjob's 60th birthday, because that option acknowledges there's a fictional character called John Constantine who has aged in real time and who exists regardless of what DC does with the book.

I cry all the time too. In fact, I'm sitting here crying at I type this right now.

If a camera steals your soul, then you'll be crying too.

So much to cry about....

But Christ, Ian, I haven't hit you with my cane yet. You're getting things out of order. YOU'RE RUINING IT!!!

I'm so down for this! I'll either come over to the UK, or we'll have a simultaneous party here in Norway.

I voted for Conjob's 60th birthday, because that option acknowledges there's a fictional character called John Constantine who has aged in real time and who exists regardless of what DC does with the book.

My thoughts exactly.

And we'll be able to burn Constantine #1

:wank: {THINKS: No matter how hard I rub, I cannot get these twigs to ignite}

• Upvote 2

Ok, if we do it in May, there's a chance I can go. It depends on a few things I need to get out of the way, but I've been wanting to travel in Europe since I got my money. What better reason than that?

May would be best for me, partly for reasons of making it convenient for me to be there, and partly for reasons of what JasonT said. But either way, this should definitely happen.

Hey, if the thread title was changed (again) to Preserving Hellblazer from Underage Constanteeny Charactisation [sic] & External References it would at least have the acronym PHUCCER.

Just saying....

I will be there, no matter when or where it takes place. (via online video posting of course :tongue: )

Hey, if the thread title was changed (again) to Preserving Hellblazer from Underage Constanteeny Charactisation [sic] & External References it would at least have the acronym PHUCCER.

Just saying....

As opposed to PHUCCA, you mean?

The U can stand for underwhelming.

I'll correct the typo forthwith.

May is more convenient for me as I'll be out of the country for half of January.

I do like JasonT's argument that we should celebrate the birthday of the 'fictional' John Constantine.

I voted London and May. I know I don't really post much but I visit every day and have done for many many years, I feel like I know you lot, so it would be nice to actually meet some of you. I'm probably more sociable in real life than on the internet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

May. I'll have my school money ready by then to get the plane tickets.

They pay you to stay away from schools?

May. I'll have my school money ready by then to get the plane tickets.

They pay you to stay away from schools?

If only that were true. I'm getting my financial aid check every quarter term these days.

Great minds and all that. I've suggested something similar on my blog/twitter. While maybe not the main event, a preliminary event could be a pub gathering near Forbidden Planet in London when the final issue is published, so a gathering can, at least, raise a pint. I like the idea of a 60th birthday, or anniversary of issue #1 as well, but there's no reason a smaller series of events as a wake couldn't be held first.

While this one wouldn't be a forum event (and with the history of this site, that would obviously be worth doing as well) I think it would be worth a couple of events to hopefully convince DC not to make this decision too final. Anyway, here's my blogpost - Wake for a Bastard.

Because there's actually a long weekend where I have time off school in May, I absolutely vote for that one. I would be able to come with, and meet people from the forum, since I seem to always be the one who misses out when, on a rare occasion, someone visits Oslo.