Sign in to follow this  
slinker

Marvel Adventures

Is this a TV show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAwP8Pbc7b8

The animation is obviously way better than the other show I posted featuring the same characters, but the dialogue is just as silly. It came out 4 yrs ago and has the same ending as the Avengers movie.

Looks more like a game cinematic? Don't think there could be an animated TV show with this level of detail (case in point - Bruce Timm's GL:TAS).

EDIT: yeah, it's from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

But did you catch the ending. It's almost the exact same as the Avengers, even down to Hulk catching Iron Man as he falls to earth after detonating a nuclear bomb in space. I mean, come on!

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 wasn't a very good video game.

They really shouldn't copy it for movies.

It is hilarious that you're comparing it to the animation on Super Hero Squad though.

Dude, I don't play video games. Animation is animation, as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if it's CGI or fucking flipbook, it doesn't have to suck.

How about claymation? Where do you stand on that?

The first Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a really good game.

Animation only goes so far with video games. The animation can be good, but the game can still suck. Dialogue usually isn't a strong point of video games. Hell, I remember when video games barely had a plot. Did you have any idea why you were on that planetoid in Metroid fighting a giant brain? No. You just knew it was an awesome game. I had no idea what a "metroid" was supposed to be. Now, you'd have ten hours of game-play devoted to split screens explaining the back-story of everything...and the game would probably suck, unlike the original plotless Metroid.

Yeah, I don't play video games anymore. I stopped about two years back.

What the hell is the point of this post? My post has no plot, but it's not like Metroid either....

The point was that I thought it might be a real show that Whedon totally ripped the ending off for his version of the Avengers. I mean, that's pathetic. Is anyone going to say it was an accident? Did the boys upstairs force him to glue the end of this video game, a sucky one according to some, on to his movie? What gives? it's identical except for the lack of a portal. The portal is the only thing keeping it from being nearly a frame by frame ripoff, but since MARVEL owns them both, I guess you can't rip yourself off. But you can sure rip off the fans.