JohnMcMahon

Constantine : The Important Questions, pt.2

15 members have voted

1. 1. First writer change...

• ...after 6 issues.
    • ...after 12 issues.
    • ....after 18 issues.
  2. 2. Bonus tie-breaker : First involvement in a crossover (not including with an issue of JLD)...

• ...after 6 issues.
    • ...after 12 issues.
    • ....after 18 issues.

We're used to longish writer-driven runs that, odd continuity reference aside, tend to stand on their own - such is not usually the way of a comic set in a shared superhero universe.

Easily less than 6 for Q2.

As Steve Niles is writing Lot 13 for DC (and on first glimpse it has as much horror as AM and ST)

I would like to add wish fulfilment to Q1, within 12 months.

I expect a writer change within 6 months.

Which will certainly make those DCU fans who don't like Vertigo books because they have too many creative teams, but does like DC Universe books, where consistency and quality have been the watch words since 1990, happy. (out of breath)

I expect a cross-over even sooner. Amethyst is having its first cross-over (sounds like a Disney movie they should be making) by issue #5, with John Constantine no less.

I expect Zatanna or Phantom Stranger, at the very least, will show up within the first five months, by "popular" (read: editorial) demand.

I must concur with the previous 2 posts, but easily a crossover will occur before issue #6. You folks will have to tell me about it, because I'm not picking it up.

I think I'll pick up issue #1. For collector's purposes, of course. You know, when someday the book is worth more than Amazing Fantasy #15, I'll be laughing.

Or, I'm just making an excuse for myself. I'll give it one chance, and one chance only. If #1 is awful, I'm running. I'm not making the same mistakes as I've made so many times with comic love before. They hurt me so bad, and I want to get away, but I think of all the good times, and I come back for more....

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'd say a cross-over by issue 4

Seems to be the formula. And these books are big on their formula.

is there any real reason why a bunch of JLD types and similar hangers on won't be seen in the first issue?

Starlin is taking over StormWatch too....

I'm really starting to hate DC right about now.

I still question his logic regarding Jason Todd and the diplomat's rapist son. Most of the folks I've spoke to who don't read comics were glad Jason allegedly caused the dude to fall to his death. I shit you not.

This ended up being (1) before the title even launched and (2) probably within the first six should it participate in the "Trinity War" crossover.

Yep, issue #5 is part of the "Trinity War" crossover....

CONSTANTINE #5

Written by RAY FAWKES

Art and cover by RENATO GUEDES

On sale JULY 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

As the TRINITY WAR rages around him, John Constantine takes a keen interest in Billy Batson’s power of Shazam! But does he want to mentor Billy or destroy him?

Mentor Billy Batson....he he he

Hilarious.

His befriending Amethyst wasn't enough, was it? (At least he was just using her, and it just cost him the price of a pizza....)

I can see John trying to teach Billy about the rudiments of sex education now.

"I stick my what where? I shouldn't be hearing this Mr. Constantine!"

I'm glad I decided to never read Constantine again. This will most likely end up painful.

Yep, issue #5 is part of the "Trinity War" crossover....

CONSTANTINE #5

Written by RAY FAWKES

Art and cover by RENATO GUEDES

On sale JULY 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

As the TRINITY WAR rages around him, John Constantine takes a keen interest in Billy Batson’s power of Shazam! But does he want to mentor Billy or destroy him?

"Sha-fucking-zam. That's it, you mincing little pillock?"

All those who put odds on issue #2 as the first crossover....we have a winnah!

Apparently an utterly pointless crossover appearance too, based on reviews I'm reading. He shows up for a couple of pages, threatens John, then John basically tells him to go away, and he does. The drama!

• Upvote 1

All those who put odds on issue #2 as the first crossover....we have a winnah!

Apparently an utterly pointless crossover appearance too, based on reviews I'm reading. He shows up for a couple of pages, threatens John, then John basically tells him to go away, and he does. The drama!

He's the neu 52 first of the fallen.