Shawn

X-Men: I'll be Back to the Future

I think they said that humans ultimately ally with mutants against the sentinels, so the Sentinels go after everyone.

I think they said that humans ultimately ally with mutants against the sentinels, so the Sentinels go after everyone.

Nope, they say that SOME humans fight with the mutants, but that "the wickedest of men" rule the dystopic future.

I've only seen the last half-hour or so of X-Men Babies. Is it required viewing for this current film?

[ Spoiler : So, why didn't they just send Wolvy back to when Mystique was chillin' with Charles? it would have been easier than hunting her down. ]

Best line of the whole movie - "You were given some bad acid."

It was better than the first 3 X movies, but inferior to the previous one. I love Fassbender as Magneto, even though there is NO similarity whatsoever in his looks, demeanor, voice or accent with Ian McKellan. That's the Hollywood conceit I hate most about movies where you get old and young versions of actors - they seldom resemble each other in the slightest, and with CGI and make up as advanced as they are, pick an actor and go digital or latex or both. Same with Xavier, Even with his head shaved, McAvoy wouldn't resemble patrick stewart - and their voices have no similar quuality at all. McAvoy's voice is practically meek compared with Stewart's stage voice delivery and majesty.

MV5BMTc2NjQwNDcxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjUwMDk3MTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

I think the off camera drama involving Singer is way more interesting than the movie. He seems good and duly buggered when it all shakes down, ironic, I think.

• Upvote 1

Nope, they say that SOME humans fight with the mutants, but that "the wickedest of men" rule the dystopic future.

Ah, nice!

The commercials seemed really bad for this movie. There was one scene where they have Wolverine talking and he said, "At first, the Sentinels only targeted mutants. Then, they started to target everyone."

That makes it sound like they changed the plot from "dystopian future" to "humans fights giant robots", which sounds stupid.

The scene must be referring to the Sentinels targeting anyone who sided with the mutants.

have seen it a few days ago. Have to say that i still don't know the book though, so there is that ^^.

As I understood it, most humans eventually were targeted by the sentinels, since more and more people were mutants or represented in their genes a chance to bring human children into the world and only the genetic waste humans that don't have evolving potential were in charge and apparently thats the worst kind... Which I kind of dislike, since it has some bad implications but maybe to much reading between the lines.

It was en par with first class i think and definetly better than x3 oder the wolverine sequels (do we speak about those?).

I would've loved a lot more Gandalf Ian McKellen :). mcavoy was good in his role but maybe overplayed a little here and there, but thats just nitpicking. quicksilver, the shots and fx with and the humor they tried to transport was simply awesome. I would've wished for more exploration of the dystopian future and how it affected the humans. good pace and all in all a nice blockbuster popcorn film.

What I don't get is, why Wolverine coul'd not remember anything that happened? Also I was totally with mystique, when she stated that magneto actually proved dinklages point, when he charged a full blown assault on the white house and mystique actually impersonated the president.

Well

McAvoy looks rather weird bald but I'm sure I'll get used to it, like I got used to a tall Wolverine

I hope that Cyclops and the rest of the non-Xavier/Magneto/Mystique mutants will have something substantial to do besides shoot stuff during the action scenes and occassionally say something.

Since the movie takes place in the 80s from what I've gathered, I was hoping that Quicksilver would've updated his DoFP look... to resemble a hair/glam metal singer like the Twisted Sister guy but oh well can't always get what you want. I wonder if he'll get more than just one scene this time, though? Maybe a sly wink and cruelly-placed one-liner regarding the fate of his cinematic counterpart over at Marvel/Disney?

These mutants are aging beautifully for being their mid-late forties.

Also, I thought the bits of the trailer with the bible and the krishna to be rather silly.

I was a little sad that Apocalypse didn't sound like his cartoon counter part. When he appeared, you just knew that shit got real.