Rogan

Constantine : The Interviews

You had me here

You can expect cruel trickery, devastating mockery and ruthless violence. And that's just what John's up to while he explores the weirdest, darkest, and most insidious corners of the DC Universe.

And then you lost me here

the role he'll be playing in the upcoming Trinity War

• Upvote 1

In "Justice League Dark," John behaves in the manner that effectively best makes them do what he wants them to do. When he is on his own adventures, in his own book, John is who he really is. He is more unfiltered. He perhaps is not as jovial or friendly as he needs to be with the Justice League Dark. Or, sometimes, maybe he's in a better mood than he is when he's around the Justice League Dark.

"I loved what Peter Milligan and company were doing."

By the way, Lemire has said more than once that Constantine is his favorite comic book character. He should be really ashamed of the dialogue he's written in JLD.

"That’s not to say that our book won’t have political undertones, but I think they need to come about organically and John’s worldview in 2013 as opposes to 1989 when those early issues were published."

I really disliked that, a lot of the things that make John tick will be lost if he is really set in this time and age. John had his hippie and punk years. Now what? Mucuous Membrane was actually a grunge band?