Sign in to follow this  
Rassmguy

John Constantine--Back to the Big Screen

I couldn't be further away from being happy about any of this. No fan of Del Toro (at least, not when he's got his "I wanna make popular movies!" head on). And yes, I can see James Marsters already practicing his irritating mockney bollocks and OH CHRIST THIS HAS JUST REMINDED ME HOW MUCH I FUCKING HATED BUFFY AND HIS RUN IN TOSSWOOD. breath, breath... there, calm down old chap. Anyway, this all sound hideous- you couldn't possibly find a bigger Swamp Thing fan on the planet than me, and I tell you now, Swampy will never, ever, make for a good movie. Never. It will be bollocks. I sincerely hope this dies a quick death.

SBT

Compared to David Tennant's mockney, Marsters' (and Juliet Landau's) was pitch perfect.

So... yeah.

John Constantine Is The Lead Character Of Guillermo Del Toro’s DC Movie

During the Wondercon panel for Pacific Rim this afternoon, Guillermo Del Toro seized the inevitable question about his “Justice League Dark” project, Heaven Sent, aka Dark Universe, and absolutely smashed it back.

The lead character of the film, he announced, would be John Constantine. And a blond John Constantine at that. A British John Constantine? Apparently he didn’t say.

http://www.bleedingc...toros-dc-movie/

Huh. Bleeding Cool News is using a scan from my index. Nice to know I'm not completely ignored these days.

• Upvote 1

Compared to David Tennant's mockney, Marsters' (and Juliet Landau's) was pitch perfect.

Wow. I'm surprised to hear that, since any accent I've seen him do is usually decent.

Where did he do a mockney/cockney accent?

Wow. I'm surprised to hear that, since any accent I've seen him do is usually decent.

Where did he do a mockney/cockney accent?

When he was the 10th Doctor.

Sorry, not getting anything there. But then I'm on my phone and can't always get all the links. I'll check next week when I'm back on my computer. Looking forward to an episode I've somehow managed to miss!

:boogie:

• Upvote 1

See when he takes the piss out of the ginger bird?

That's the only thing one could call Mockney.

Mostly he does a camp toning down of his scottish accent to sound more English.

Quite understandable.

Couldn't have the Doctor speaking like this, could we?

There's a nice line from Sylvester McCoy about it being nice to see another Scots Doctor, but it's a shame they didn't let him use his own accent...

• Upvote 1

I couldn't be further away from being happy about any of this. No fan of Del Toro (at least, not when he's got his "I wanna make popular movies!" head on). And yes, I can see James Marsters already practicing his irritating mockney bollocks and OH CHRIST THIS HAS JUST REMINDED ME HOW MUCH I FUCKING HATED BUFFY AND HIS RUN IN TOSSWOOD. breath, breath... there, calm down old chap. Anyway, this all sound hideous- you couldn't possibly find a bigger Swamp Thing fan on the planet than me, and I tell you now, Swampy will never, ever, make for a good movie. Never. It will be bollocks. I sincerely hope this dies a quick death.

SBT

Speaking of whom, who was the blond fellow who replaced Derek Jacobi's Master in Doctor Who? Right age, wouldn't be as terribly miscast as Keeanu, played with Tennant well in taking out Timothy Dalton

John Simm. Blondish.

Also holy christ that was Tennant's actual accent? Sounded like a Cape Bretoner trying to talk posh.

(the tank/fruits machine bit was hilarious)

So, I am stealing this topic from arachnopeds -

will it be the new toothless DC young John or the grizzled oul' Hellblazer in this flick (which will most likely never see day 01 of production).

Casting couch, anyone? (you have to be naked from the ones I've seen).