A. Heathen

The Future That YOU Wanted (Constantine #2)

Wait, what ?!?

Yes my fine Irish friend, you read correctly. Lono. He lives.

• Upvote 1

Fables got good again with the runaway cubs storyline. it got hardcore and lives were lost and all. I think we're about to see the fall of Bigby Wolf. That will be something! It's my prediction, anyway.

Fables got good again with the runaway cubs storyline. it got hardcore and lives were lost and all. I think we're about to see the fall of Bigby Wolf. That will be something! It's my prediction, anyway.

[ Spoiler : I'm a fucking genius, I am. ]

Huh. I've read better, but there were two good moments. I liked Alan Moore's "How do you baffle a vegetable" joke enough that I didn't mind seeing it a second time.

I hate Mr. E. as Southern Gerntleman. It's one small step from the cliche Southern crap accent to full-on Foghorn leghorn. I found the Spectre thing a very poorly-constructed reason for Consantine's writer to tell us his long game. I'm sad that they've reskinned the Bujeria. The Cold Flame are more white. And a lot less competent. The brujeria were frightening and threatening. Not so much the Cold Flame. I wonder how many 'homages' to Moore's Swamp Thing we're going to get, and how many of them will lack the nuance of the original.

John's best moments of the month seem to have come from I, Vampire #18, where he's a complete condescending prick.

• Upvote 1

Estimated US orders for Constantine #2 held up reasonably well, dropping 18% to 30,789.

First four issues come with a 1 in 25 variant and this issue was part of the sort-of-abandoned WTF thing.

Estimated US orders for Constantine #2 held up reasonably well, dropping 18% to 30,789.

First four issues come with a 1 in 25 variant and this issue was part of the sort-of-abandoned WTF thing.

Keep falling you NuCoke bastard!! *shakes fists*

For comparison, Justice League Dark 1st three issues went from 62,000 to 57,000 to 47,000 (20th, 30th, 42nd) a drop of 9%.

Most of the New 52 books that launched around 40,000 ie the bottom third, dropped between 5% and 15%.

The biggest drop was Superman with 20% but that was selling 120,000.

Animal Man went up 16% Swamp Thing went up 7% (only 14 books went up).

Only Animal Man had more at #3 than #1 and half of the books had lost more than a quarter of their #1 sales.

Most of the books outside of DC's top twenty dropped 10 to 20 places in the chart between 1 and 3.

To be fair to Little Constantine, only ten of the New 52 debuted below 38.000

(for the record, this does not include the sales of reprints in months 2 and 3)

"Somebody killed John Constantine. Who? How?"

Open the gatefold cover.

"Why, it was Dan DiDio with apathy!"

• Upvote 1

For comparison, Justice League Dark 1st three issues went from 62,000 to 57,000 to 47,000 (20th, 30th, 42nd) a drop of 9%.

Most of the New 52 books that launched around 40,000 ie the bottom third, dropped between 5% and 15%.

It's worth flagging the 'New 52 Effect' that may have played a part in those figures though, that sheen's well and truly lustred these days.

#4 is part of a crossover, I think, so we should see a bump there - #6 should be a single cover, crossover effect free, affair so will give us our first good idea of where we're at.

If it weren't for crossovers, Constantine wouldn't have had a good one-liner for years.

That Scooby Doo/Batman cross-over was just plain genius. The monsters were Joker, Penguin, and Riddler? What a surprise!

I like shared universes, with guest-stars, but the cross-over itself I usually dislike. I like stories to be contained in one title. The line-wide cross-over is a bane.

Constantine #3-Alright! John meets a random woman who talks like she's from Mary Poppins! I was looking forward to that issue.

The art is jarring.

This is just awful. I don't even want to page through or read spoilers on this book any more.

On the plus side, John gets revenge for the memory of Chris, and that, that's all right.

That Scooby Doo/Batman cross-over was just plain genius. The monsters were Joker, Penguin, and Riddler? What a surprise!

I particularly like the way that, due to poor colourists probably not being aware of the source material, Batman is coloured naked from the waist down in a couple of scenes.

(that was one of my kids' favourite DVDs for a long while, hence my over-familiarity with it)