Qusoor

Less than a month to go... what do you expect from 300?

I still want Delano to make the last, canonical Hellblazer story. Then I would fell that the cycle is truly closed.

Unfortunately, at this point, it's more probable to see Scott Lobdell or DanDidio writing Constantine's adventures.

*flatlines*

You could always read Pandemonium, and pretend that it's the final Hellblazer story ever told. There's no real coda, true.

You can just read issues #1-41 and the Annual as a complete run too. #41 is effectively written as the end of a series, after all. Of course this would leave out such stories as The Horrorist and Pandemonium....

You could always read Pandemonium, and pretend that it's the final Hellblazer story ever told. There's no real coda, true.

You can just read issues #1-41 and the Annual as a complete run too. #41 is effectively written as the end of a series, after all. Of course this would leave out such stories as The Horrorist and Pandemonium....

You mean 40. 41 began Dangerous Habits

So she'll be pregnant and laughing fiendishly at the end of #300?

So she'll be pregnant and laughing fiendishly at the end of #300?

Why else would Angie be portrayed this way?

WHY ELSE?

Either that or Nergal's inside her like he did Chas

If only non-Batman DC wasn't so PG, we'd be able to see that story....Now, no matter how HB ends, I'll feel cheated.

Wait until the final issue is John waking up and realizing that the Jamie Delano issues were all a dream. DiDio will take one last shot at us, making sure to ret-con away the Delano issues.

Instead, all those memories of Zed will really be a memory of the 12-year old Epiphany, and the whole Zed story-line was just John's secret fantasy imagining what it would be like to love his one true love Epiphany.

We already know Newcastle didn't really happen. Nergal can be replaced with old Nick Necro battles. Etc.

"Those bastards want to invalidate the greatest run that lowly Hellblazer book has ever seen?" cackled DiDio from his lair, "Well, we'll see what stories those fanboys consider canonical, when DC will refuse to recognize any Hellblazer stories written by Jamie Delano!"

Peter Milligan, sitting on the floor close beside DiDio's throne where he can be petted at DiDio's whim, mewls, "Yes, master. Excellent, master. Whatever you say, master."

It's thinking like "canonical" that makes this whole shitty business necessary to the DCU.

Not being in continuity invalidates nothing.

What we have is around 200 excellent issues of an enjoyable comic and they can't undo that.

• Upvote 1

It's thinking like "canonical" that makes this whole shitty business necessary to the DCU.

Not being in continuity invalidates nothing

Heed his wisdom, people.

• Upvote 1

It would still be a final shot though. It was just a joke.

And, what if DiDio hired the goon squad from Fahrenheit 451 and sent them around to all the houses to eliminate any Jamie Delano issues of Hellblazer? What then? Would you really put it beyond the realm of possibility of the embodiment of darkness, himself?

You think it can't happen, until you're seeing your Jamie Delano Hellblazer comics as a pile of ashes.

Christian, what you and several others here do not realise, is that when they write the songs of the Vertigo wars, they will take comments like your obviously satirical rants, and that whole business about killing Didio and shagging Milligan's cat, and take them out of context to portray us all as bitter fanboys.

REMEMBER CONSTANTEEN ???

They would do that....Because they worship Baphomet! That's right....DC Comics is owned by terrorists!

I just find it funny that just like we obviously don't understand the intricate, subtle saracasm that is Peter Milligan's Hellblazer, DC will misconstrue our satiric statements.

So many misunderstandings between us. Someone needs to come along and reconcile us. I know that DC will work to make the Constantine chapter of the Big DC Cross-Over Event VERY IMPORTANT in order to patch up the differences that have developed between us in recent months.

Then, we'll all say, "Sorry, Dan DiDio. You're probably not the Anti-Christ spoken of in the Book of Revelation, after all." And, he'll give us a pat on the head and say, "That's ok. Just keep buying our books, kiddies."

Christian, what you and several others here do not realise, is that when they write the songs of the Vertigo wars, they will take comments like your obviously satirical rants, and that whole business about killing Didio and shagging Milligan's cat, and take them out of context to portray us all as bitter fanboys.

They'll do that anyway, Ade.

• Upvote 1

...they will take comments like your obviously satirical rants, and that whole business about killing Didio and shagging Milligan's cat, and take them out of context to portray us all as bitter fanboys.

REMEMBER CONSTANTEEN ???

I've seen a few references around the forum to a furore surrounding the comments made on this site about Constanteen and reaction to it.

i think I missed this when I was away fom the forum for a while - anyone care to summarise for me?

I've seen a few references around the forum to a furore surrounding the comments made on this site about Constanteen and reaction to it.

i think I missed this when I was away fom the forum for a while - anyone care to summarise for me?

The scriptwriter used to show up here, and it seems he and I regard each other as massive twats.

This was after I got invoted to the set, which would have been damned funny.

No, the Constanteen thing was that they said "hardcore fans are upset that he's american" when in fact we were upset that it was taking unnecessary liberties with the source material (Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, Chazzz, Constanteen being totally a Catholic with Super Powers due to doing suicide to himself etc).

When you get a spare week...

• Upvote 2

If memory serves, the scriptwriter was throwing similar mantrums on the DC boards as well, and this was before the film even came out.

Poor baby: how dare we not kiss his arse for writing a film nobody had seen and he wasn't allowed to talk about?

• Upvote 1

I think your memory fails you.

It was not the scriptwriter that came here that said those things, but several producer types.

Mostly he was quite a gent around these parts, discussed many of the misgivings but had a studio to breastfeed after all.

And was not guilty of the very worst aspects of the film which were (1) in the 1st draft that he was hired to work up

or (2) added by Igor Goldkind at the 11th hour.

• Upvote 1

Right. My mistake, then. I was sure it was the scriptwriter.

I didn't much care about the film. I didn't see it. It gave us two wonderful books by John Shirley, for which I'm very thankful. Without those, I wouldn't have gotten to see my dream John Constantine versus Mole Man battle. Thank you, DC and Hollywood!

And, I don't much care about DC"s decision to kill HB. If the book was going to continue to be one the worst comics being published currently, I'd rather see it killed. Then, at least, my collector's obsession to keep buying the book won't kick in. If they want to relaunch iit as Constantine, that's fine too. If it's decent, I'll read it. If it's awful, I'll drop it, and pretend I never saw it.

They're going to mock us "fanboys" anyway. I'm sure they're response to anything negative will be, "They're upset simply because John Constantine is now published by DC instead of Vertigo. It's the exact same character! (laughs) That's what you have to deal with in the comic book business. We're used to it. People were upset when Azrael became Batman, but that led to some of the strongest emotional comics ever penned! Same with the death of Superman. In the end, people cherish these stories as great works of art. These are the 20th century version of War and Peace or Crime and Punishment. And, the same thing applies here. Justice League Dark has been getting praise from literary critics, and Constantine will continue the same quality that everyone has come to expect from DC Comics. If these fans could just get over the little fact that it says DC in the corner instead of Vertigo, they'd quickly forget about their Jamie Delano days and get with the program."

• Upvote 1

The scriptwriter used to show up here, and it seems he and I regard each other as massive twats.

Which one? Frank wozzizname or the other one?

I'm still irked that last minute Real Life Stuff fucked my chance of being flown out to LA, was all set to get my whore on and do a complete 180 for that sweet, sweet Yankee Dollar.

Frank Cappello posted as TearsInRain and, to be fair to the guy, he ended up being alright - still shows up every couple of years to hint at a possible sequel.