Sign in to follow this  
Rassmguy

Hellblazer's 250 Issues

It's a shame that no one continued to write Hellblazer after Andy Diggle left the series as writer. Two hundred fifty issues is a solid enough number at which to end a long-running comic, but you'd think they would have at least gone on to a full 300. I have missed Hellblazer ever since it's last issue four-plus years ago. Do any of you think it will ever be revived? And if so, who will be Diggle's successor? I look forward to DC/Vertigo someday publishing an issue #251 so we can find out whatever became of John, Gemma, Chas, Nergal, the First of the Fallen and John's past girlfriends. Sadly, we may never know. RIP: Hellblazer... 250 issues is nothing to sneeze at, and it was a mostly solid 250-issue run at that.

• Upvote 3

You can pick up the first issue of the critically acclaimed, already nominated for many awards, series named Constantine on-sale in March of 2013.

We realize many fans have been missing their monthly dose of John Constantine since Hellblazer was canceled due to low sales. Issue #250 selling 34 copies, in total, was a clear sign to DC that readers wanted a drastic change. We always listen to our fans, they're the real bosses. So, we did exactly what we, as comic fans, would want to see.

We think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how close this new version of Hellblazer (in all but name) rings with your fond memories from over four years ago.

Keep checking your comic book news stand every week in March for this groundbreaking new title.

Thanks,

The Editors of DC Comics

• Upvote 1

Mmm, that isn't believable enough, Christian. You forgot to include such phrases as "fan-favorite SARGON THE SORCERESS" or "The creative masterminds behind JLD, the world's darkest comic magazine!"

• Upvote 2

And the "fuck you" implied by DC in each subsequent issue of Kuntstanteeeeen.

• Upvote 1

I loved the one written by Peter Milligan. Something about a Suicide Bridge, right? Too bad Milligan never wrote Hellblazer. I always thought he should have taken over on Hellblazer after Diggle. His story in #250 wasn't the best, but outside Mieville, the rest of the contributors had all taken their shot at John.

Well, his work on "New 52" books hasn't been the best, so maybe Milligan's run wouldn't have been as great as expectations based on his earlier comic work.

Somehow I think he'd use something about a strike or an union during his run. That would probably be like Jamie Delano. I don't know why I get that idea. Just as long as he didn't bring in Shade, I'd be fine with it, I'm sure! What a crazy idea...like Shade would show up in an issue of Hellblazer?

• Upvote 1

By the way, I have helpfully coined a term for the condition that explains odd, out of character behaviour of the last 40 or so issues of The Hellblazer Comic.

The Dementia Constantine.

• Upvote 1

By the way, I have helpfully coined a term for the condition that explains odd, out of character behaviour of the last 40 or so issues of The Hellblazer Comic.

The Dementia Constantine.

NICE!

no that one popped in a flash of light and a void of emptiness. that's why every day is literally a new day!