Rassmguy

The Greater Ramifications of Issue #300's Ending

OK, so if Milligan has retconned out Constantine's existence as a magic user by making him just a normal guy (as some have suggested), how does that change the rest of the universe?

* Swamp Thing possibly never learns about the Parliament of Trees or the nature of his true powers.

* Tim Hunter possibly never embarks on a career as a magician.

* Cheryl and Gemma continue to be abused by Cheryl's cult-following dickhead of a husband.

* Most of John's friends are not killed by supernatural causes, though some, such as Gary, might still face grim fates.

Continue...

Wait what, did I miss something here? please elaborate on "retconned" is there an explanation for this abomination? (will delete this to not ot psam the thread if someone answered it)

Kit staying with Brendan and watches him die

Dani still getting smacked around by her ex

Angie still working the diner while her brother languishes in a mental hospital

Chris Cole never told that couple and their baby to leave a party and Charlie's still alive

Epiphany gets killed by that stalker ponce who's obsessed with her who later dies at the hands of Terry (THIS SHOULD'VE HAPPENED!!!)

Rick still giving holy orders, Nige still rambling and never sold out, Header...well still Header

The Family Man kills himself instead of his mom and dad.

Astra grows up to be a mentally damaged woman and advocate against child molestation.

• Upvote 1

I know the ending was ambiguous - is he alive but with all his magic stripped away he's just an old jakey in the pub telling improbable stories? Or is being old & powerless his version of hell?- but I didn't think for a minute his whole life was retconned out of existence.

On topic Demons rule the stockmarket and the only way to make millions is to sell your soul

The King of Vampires is alive and well

Chas had never been pissed on while having sex

Gemma dies as a child

Brendan went straight to hell

No dog fuckery in newcastle

Tefe Holland is never born!

Barry Allen saw to that.

Oh, and Ellie and Tali's baby escapes the Snob and goes to Texas to merge with...WAIT A MINUTE!!!

The Hell Dog opens the 3rd door and destroys the world. That is if the hunger demon didn't eat everyone first. Mucous Membrane records 12 albums in 4 yrs with a bloke who can sing and who winds up being elected to Parliament where he moons the prime minister after only being in his first session for a week, then when he happens to be looking in on Ian Curtis, he discovers him hung but gets too him soon enough to save his life. Joy Division's following album is their best yet. Keanu Reeves becomes president of the United States and manages to get re-elected due to PAC money "swiftboating" his opponent. Shia LaBoof is never born, hey! And Lucky doesn't shoot himself.

*No lesbian is shagged

*Chas remains in his mother's house with the creepy chimpanzee

*The First of the Fallen never becomes a cheap villain. Or a greek fisherman

But most importantly, Mange remains alive.

I know the ending was ambiguous - is he alive but with all his magic stripped away he's just an old jakey in the pub telling improbable stories? Or is being old & powerless his version of hell?- but I didn't think for a minute his whole life was retconned out of existence.

It seems they're just making a guess. I wouldn't say anything in the issue points to this, in any way. But, they ran with it.

Maybe the idea is that Vertigo John was ret-conned out of existence to make way for "New 52" John, and the ramifications of such.

You know, it occurs to me that Gemma might have missed, and that was our John in a pub realizing he had to take a leak. Or maybe he's just read JLD 0.

• Upvote 1

No one smokes Swamp Thing.

No one flips the bird at the Devil.

Prince Charles remains possessed by Jack the Ripper.

The Shadow Dog is never resurrected to defeat the Beast.

Beroul successfully creates Hell on Earth.

Blathoxi continues trading souls on the stock market.

Gary Lester doesn't end up with Mnemoth trapped inside his body.

OK, so if Milligan has retconned out Constantine's existence as a magic user by making him just a normal guy (as some have suggested), how does that change the rest of the universe?

One thing just occurred to me from the Department of Internal Consistency in Milliganblazer.

If the magic bullet erased him in the way you propose, there would have been no Demon Constantine,

therefore no regressed Gemma,

therefore no-one to fire that bullet.

One thing just occurred to me from the Department of Internal Consistency in Milliganblazer.

If the magic bullet erased him in the way you propose, there would have been no Demon Constantine,

Oh said like someone who hasn't watched nearly enough Dr. Who.

In my comment "Internal" is a key term.

In your's it is worth remembering that I was born in the same year as Doctor Who started and certainly watched it before I started school.

Oh said like someone who hasn't watched nearly enough Dr. Who.

Maybe the John and Gemma we've seen under Milligan were the Tesselecta afterall?

Great Scott, Marty!

Great Scott, Marty!

Holy fuck I think Ade just Incepted all of Hellblazer. :blink: