Qusoor

Who would you like to see Constantine meet?

I may have done this before, but it's been a LONG time, so I think it's time to start it again. In all of publishing, comics, books, movies, whatever, who would you like to see John Constantine meet? He's already met Batman,

Personally, I think John Constantine and Hellboy would make an interesting team--John as the brains, Hellboy taking the brunt of the errors. They work in the same realms, but John tends to go for a bit more of the hands-off sort of involvement.

My other thought would be Grimjack. I don't think they'd like each other, but I'm sure they could find a thing or two to talk about over a bottle of Old Factory Whistle at Munden's.

I've always thought JC should meet up with Etrigan the demon. John's a player and Etrigan is an arch duke of hell so it only makes sense.

A JC/Hellboy team up would be really fucking cool. Just as you say, John with the brains, Hellboy with the brawn.

-Constantine guest lectures at Hogworts, let the mayhem begin.

-John meets Spawn and does something very nasty.

-John and Dr. Strange. Since John is supposed to be the antithesis of mages like Strange, it would be interesting to see them clash.

Ghost Rider...just for the sheer abusrdity.

A threeway (HOOO-AH!) between Batman, Hitman and JC strikes me as being enjoyable, written by Ennis.

My favorite idea was if JC had somehow had been fit into an issue or two of The Invisibles. That would have made my day.

John Constantine meets....Lara Croft, John Munch, Bart Simpson, Tyler Durden, Eddie the Eagle, Beatrix Kiddo, Keanu Reeves, Osama Bin Laden....the possibilities are endless... :D

I want to see John Constantine meet the Mad Hatter, and have the two of them discuss philosophy over tea.

Also, I would like to see John flick off George W. Bush and Tony Blair, plus kick John Ashcroft in the nuts.

Personally, I think John Constantine and Hellboy would make an interesting team--John as the brains, Hellboy taking the brunt of the errors.

Hmmmm...good call and a nice-way to play off the old Constantine/Swamp Thing dynamic.

Remember when every second letter in Hellblazer/Precher would ask when Jesse Custer and John Constantine were going to meet ?

I'll go with Cal McDonald, very much an American John Constantine.

I always figured that John would find Jessie (hey they have the same initials) utterly useless.

Also, I would like to see John flick off George W. Bush and Tony Blair, plus kick John Ashcroft in the nuts.

I kinda wanted to see a slightly heavier hitter do this. I mean John's no great shakes with kicking people around. Hellboy, on the other hand has a stone right hand.

I like our JC to stay as far away from common DC continuity as is possible.

I'd rather Hellblazer stayed Superhero-free, but I'd happily pay good money for a Constantine appearance in a JLA series.

Well, I really liked that 'Twilight of the Superheroes' idea of Alan Moore's, if only for the reason that John screws everyone over. 'Cept Batman, because you can't beat Batman.

A friend of mine and I enjoy the idea of John hanging (begrudgingly) with Spider Jerusalem. They can have contests to see who the bigger bastard is.

MSP_johnspider.gif

Something like that.

Scurrying away now.

I know what comic character I want to see John meet!

Grant Morrison!

Sure, he wasn't really a very believable character, but he sure was interesting that time he showed up, and I don't think anyone has used him since.....

:lol:

I'll go with Cal McDonald, very much an American John Constantine.

Oooh, very nice choice. I just got through reading Dial 'M' For Monster and Guns, Drugs, and Monsters, thinking how cool one of those "they won't say it's John Constantine but you know it's supposed to be" cameos he gets in all sorts of other books would be.

I know what comic character I want to see John meet!

Grant Morrison!

Sure, he wasn't really a very believable character, but he sure was interesting that time he showed up, and I don't think anyone has used him since.....

:lol:

I know you're kidding, but (I swear) Grant Morrison was killed during "War of the Gods." :D

Anyways ...

Awhile back on the old forum there was some sort of "dream comics" discussion, and I'm going to use the same thing I said back then: an Uncle Sam/John Constantine team-up.

By Uncle Sam, I mean the DCU version, of course. He's the exact opposite of John Constantine ... a loud corny American who talks like Foghorn Leghorn and more often than not tends to just punch stuff until the problem is resolved.

Lucifer's another shoe-in. Nothing big, mind you. I wouldn't want to see him and John at odds or anything (that'd be a bit out of even John's league, I'd imagine). Just a couple panels worth of conversation or something.

(John's little cameo in Lucifer was a cruel tease, it seems)

How 'bout a John Constantine/Tintin crossover?

What? I'd buy it.