Sign in to follow this  
Lou K

Stan The Man Lee

OK so Stan Lee is coming to Motor City Comic Con and I have to go see him. Can't recall the last time he was here and don't know if he will ever be again.

So what should I get signed? I really don't have any vintage Marvel stuff. Not really a vintage comic guy. But I do have tons of Marvel comics.

So do I take any old Marvel comic in there like Captain America or Spider-Man or something? Do I buy a TPB of vintage material? An 8 x 10 glossy of Cap or something?

What have y'all guys got signed by The Man? You going CC?

I am Shawn's seething envy. :smile:

I hope his health is well enough. He's been cancelling appearances of late.

I say, have him sign ANYTHING Spider-Man. That's like...his baby. Any of the Marvel Masterworks recently re-released in soft cover.

Death of the Stacy's would be excellent.

Maybe a signed DVD of The Amazing Spider-Man?

OR, something Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four. If that's your flavor.

Probably Spider-man. There's a Thor Omnibus coming out for only $50 but it won't be out in time.

I'd take Sandman!

I'm relieved. I was pretty sure this was an obituary thread.

I can't believe Lee is coming to Motor City! I thought he only went to the biggest cons.

I wasn't planning to go before, but now I'm going to have to see about it.

When are the dates?

Geez, yeah. What to sign?

A Spider Man book would probably be a good choice. For me, I only have Lee's Spider Man in Marvel Tales format.

Maybe a X-Men #2, since that's the oldest individual comic I own written by Lee?

I have a lot of FF stuff....Maybe one of my favourite Lee individual FF issues? The first Galactus?

Oh! Maybe the origin of Galactus story from Thor. I own that issue too.

I have a copy of the Marvel Encyclopedia.

I have that history of Marvel book they released for the 30th anniversary of Marvel Comics too.

Sadly to say, I hope his health permits.

I think it's May 17, 18 and 19, but he's only signing Saturday the 18th.

Oh god....Sadly, it says he was 24. If he were, like, 13 it'd be better.

I don't even remember seeing Stan Lee mentioned when I read The Mechanical Bride.

I hated the elitism that the intellectuals of that generation had with comic books though.

OK, so around that period there was a lot of government propaganda popping up in comics, true.

Little did they ever foresee Maus and Sandman.

Give him our love!.

Important man in my mental life. What there is of it, anyway.

Second the Kirby thing, tell him you can't get Kirby to sign it any more, so someone who was important to Kirby would be nice.

:tongue:

• Upvote 1

How about your tits. I am sure he would enjoy signing them..

Though, I would say that any of the Essential Spider-man stuff that has his issues in it would probably be fine.

Too hairy, wolvy. Not pleasant for Stan at all. Not too mention, nobody would be able to see it. My chest looks like Paul Stanley's chest and Burt Reynolds' chest had a fling and produced a hairy yet less sexy bastard child.

Con is this Saturday!!!!

You going, Christian?

Got a poster of Amazing Fabtasy #15 to sign. That will end up framed and hanging in my office.

• Upvote 1

OH! That is a brilliant idea Lou. For myself I'd maybe want that or a Fantastic Four #1 poster. Maybe I need to find these posters online to put up in the apartment :)

I'm on Allposters.com and :smile::boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Yeah, that'd be a swell idea, Shawn.

I got mine off Amazon for about $17. A bit high, but the company, Aasgard Press, is an "Official" Marvel licensor, or whatever. I saw cheaper options but was hesitant about the quality. The poster I got looks real nice. Now framing will be damn expensive.

• Upvote 1

I got a couple of Marvel posters for Christmas one year. They were gigantic and made of wood, and really I have absolutely no where to put them. I'm not sure where I stored them even.

I forget what posters there were, They were all classic Marvel covers. except one was the cover to Iron Man #47.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/iron-man/47-1.jpg

Lou-At this point, I'm pretty sure my girlfriend has made other plans for us, so I won't be going.

I'm sort of up in the air about her plans right now though, because at one point, we were planning to go. But, I'm pretty sure she changed her mind.

If you do end up going let me know, I'll shoot you my digits so we can hook up. Not sure what you'll do with them. Yell them at the sky, maybe, hoping they find my ears. Or perhaps you can attach a note to a raven. Smoke signals? There'll be a few coming from my ride.

The one best way to lure Julie to the comic convention this weekend is that smoke from your ride. heh I don't have any hook ups, haven't smoked since high school, and she's not going to risk bringing it across the border.

She also comes in handy because she's got one of those cell phone things. She might have some idea what to do with those digits.

You tell her that if she comes to comic con with you I will roast her with the kindest bud.

Can't say fairer than that. I hope you guys have a lot of fun.

Christian, have you considered finding the joists or rafters in your ceiling, screwing some good, long shank eye-screws into them http://www.s3i.co.uk/EyeBoltWoodThread.php?utm_campaign=applegate.co.uk&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=applegate.co.uk and then you could hang the posters so their base was high on the wall, say a foot from the top of the wall, and they projected at an acute angle across the ceiling?.

The good thing about this is, no one looks at the ceiling when they are checking a flat for damage. :tongue:

You tell her that if she comes to comic con with you I will roast her with the kindest bud.

Thanks for introducing me to the term "kind bud". Now I'm gonna pretend I always knew about it.

No sweat, jason, but to be honest even that term is way outdated. The kind of shit these kids are saying these days it nuts. "Yo I got that sour diesel, OG Kush, Jedi, Holy Grail" all names for various strains of kind bud.

Get ahold of some real good stuff one day, and invite some teenagers around for a smoke by saying "Yo, I got some wicked Magic Puha, want to get munted?" It would be so cool if you could make 1980s Kiwi slang current in 2010s USA.

You know, except for that whole "Lou comes to the Authorities attention for fixing up some teenagers" thing, that makes it one of my less bright ideas, I reckon?. =]