Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

SNIKT!!! It's the Wolverine

Is this taken from the time he went to Japan and Kitty Pryde followed him?. Cause I thought that was a pretty damned good story.

*watches video*

Nope then. Still, this seems relevant to my interests.

Did I see this movie before you guys saw this movie?. :ohmy::boogie::hattip:

This movie is the awesome, I saw it in 2D, and the clarity of the film was amazing, like looking at the action through a perfectly clear window.

The acting was pretty bloody great, by all concerned. The Comic-Book aspects were pretty smoothly grafted onto the "Real-Life" aspects, so that I only had momentary teeth gritting at some of the more egregious* aspects of the human drama, I was able to remind myself "Comic book movie" at various times without interrupting things too much.

Our mate Hugh really does the bus-i-ness and Rila Fukushima was SO COOL as Yukio, her role was really nicely modified from the original character. Tao Okamoto makes Tigger feel funny, he wants to give her flowers or something. Very very nice acting debut, very assured, quite as if she was a born actor.

*No, not Balthi pulling his top off again. :tongue:

Tigger is not wrong. It's a good movie. It's the Wolverine movie we've always wanted. I especially loved Yukio! I want more movies of her kicking ass, whether it's beside Wolvie or not. Mariko is the epitome of beauty. No wonder Logan digs her. Lots of the movie worked; the characters, the fights, the story of giving us an actual conflict for the unstoppable Wolverine. The only thing I didn't care for much was Viper, she didn't really need to be there. Oh she's gorgeous, in that femme fatale way, but I didn't think shelter presence was justified. Her role in the plot could've been filled by another character.

3/5

Another thought I had was, it is sort of a kind of justice being delivered to see that aging male actors now have to commit massive amounts of their lives to keeping up a sort of demeaning stereotype appearance, much like actresses have always had to diet and guard their complexion and be judged by it. It can't be easy for a 45 year old to keep an insanely buffed body like that. Once upon a time the John Waynes and Gary Coopers were allowed to age and fatten and no one would have formed the idea that, if they didn't retain the form of a sporting youth, they could not be considered for the top roles. In fact, once, in a way being slightly over-weight and grizzled as a male actor increased your Mana and authority, didn't it. Now all the "top" actors must spend two hours a day sweating in the gym to look like they are 20.

• Upvote 2

Word is that Jackman worked his ass off and claims it was the first time he felt he was in the right physique for the role :o

Liked the movie, nice to wash the man of steel taste out of my mouth, and I went in expecting to be let down, which often tends to help a film feel good. I had only a few nit picks, one was viper, I found her to not only pointless but awful. Recently in movies I have found the role of femme fatale, where a bad girl type role where she is supposed to be all sexy very off putting - I'm sure it pitches tents in a certain demographic, but I honestly just find it repulsive!

And my other nitpicks were the bear (it's honestly disappointing to know that Weta were responsible for that....) and some of the train fight scene (which I already knew I would be a bit against, based on my reaction to the trailer. Overall I liked the fight, but it a few bits of it were 'too' fake for my taste.

Otherwise, well acted, well paced, great story arc, and of course the teaser for the next movie was a treat.

Now, the Bear might have been them being too faithful to the comic. In the comic, [ Spoiler : he is not living quite so wild and in despair but is out and about in the wilderness a lot, and encounters an old grizzly, kind of on its last legs, and it sort of decides to live and let live with him "because he is close to his animal nature/scary dangerous so even a Bear senses it". So I think the ratty old blanket look, and its un-fluid movement when it comes on him was all part of trying to depict it like it was in the comic?. Certainly they tried to imply by its accepting him and just calling when it encountered him, the same scene as in the comic. ]