Sign in to follow this  
slinker

Novel Concept: Fully Clothed Female Superheroes

How about designing female superheroes like the male superheroes? What an crazy idea!

Fully-Dressed-Wonder-Woman.png

Never been a fan of the way female superheroes are portrayed because I never thought they were realistic. Really? Wonder Woman is going to kick some ass in a bikini with a loin cloth? Nobody would dress like that in her profession.

That is actually a great design! I'm not sure about the color of those pants though, it's like she's wearing khakis.

Speaking of full clothed women. It was nice to see Power Girl, debut in the New 52 with a new full body costume sans boob window. NOW! It's back, which is just dumb.

No one will read Power Girl if they can't ogle her boobs. That's her whole appeal.

It does look like Wonder Woman just stopped at the nearby mall and picked up a pair of khakis to throw on under her costume.

It is a good point. Yeah. Why don't the male superheroes dress up like professional wrestlers if there is no sexism involved in the way superheroes dress? Superman in a pair of skimpy tights and no shirt.

Actually, maybe the superhero books would gain some more female readers if they did....he he

I like this costume a lot, it looks work-woman-like.

The thing is, she would still be still is Wonder Woman when she is in civies. She would still be Wonder Woman naked. She isn't how she looks, but how she acts, what she stands for.

The costume is nothing next to some of the demeaning things various writer have had her do/think/say over the years, right?. Things that ought to be beneath a person who has sworn their life into the service of "Justice for all".

I think she would be radically excellent in a chiton, and it would address an important part of her back story, i.e. that she stems from Greece, is Greek.. She was the companion of Gods, favoured of gods, blessed in her crib. That was all very traditional as those things went, why should she not wear the traditional garb too?. I personally think her wearing the Chiton would be awe inspiring. ( Excuse me being corny and sentimental, it is just the way I am. )

Exactly. Though in "reality" guy with fancy bow and arrows would have knelt to her and said "Goddess", Alien still learning his way amoung these Hu-mans would have spoken to her as the obvious, logical innate superior representative amoung these Hu-mans, and bloke who was simply normal other than his scientific training and ability to move quickly ( i.e. so far out of his depth vis training for the position of "superhero" ) couldn't have helped but defer to her. Even Clark would have offered her more natural respect than he happily gave to a detective that dressed in fetish gear and a fucking Martian. Though to be fair to Clark, I don't remember him being the main offender* in the clubhouse.

She was the tool of actual Gods, imbued with their power and with at least a reflection of their authority. Not someone who you would say "Coffee and cakes on the terrace, woman, and do something about this mess will you?" to.

* I imagine I am going to be given links here. lol.