A. Heathen

10th of May (and weekend)

Here is the confirmed attendees party, I know some folks are uncertain, and I don't mean, we don't know their name because a patriarchal chauvinist has dubbed them "Ms Red", I mean they have other commitments and things.

Ade

Mark

Malin

Red

"Ms Red"

Metanoia

Anyone else who might be around is welcome to join us.

Bilirubin?

Atticus??

As far as I know, Mark & Malin arrive on 9th which might mean there will be beers.

I have to work on 10th, and you tourists should consider the Bowie exhibition as the most Constantinian thing to do. Then we have Friday evening of beer & curry, and Saturday for

Ade's Hellblazer Tour 2013. Then a rather interesting proposal for Sunday morning (when does Bilirubin arrive?)

Metanoia, as the other Londoner, if you have any suggestions of interest let me know.

Thursday: vague meeting up, depending when people arrive and where they are staying

Friday evening: Brick Lane area beers and curry. Posing for photos at the scene of Best Ever Issue of Hellblazer Ever.

Saturday morning: early morning in Central London, then breakfast ! (*people in hotels might want to have something light at the hotel so we can have a late breakfast like the Godzzzzz.)

Saturday afternoon: a walk around North London's Hellblazer landmarks and places of interest (guided by Ade)

Saturday evening: tba

Sunday: 1045 a guided walk of great interest to people who like that London. Cost about a tenner.

We'll be nicely placed for Sunday lunch, but if Bilirubin is getting in late, I propose we wait for him.

If the weather is nice we could do a riverboat or a nice bit of sitting in a park.

Hi! "Ms. Red" (aka Ane, my girlfriend) won't be able to attend, sadly, because of her psychology studies. I'm still planning on attending, unless there actually is a newspaper strike (I'm in the negotiating committee for the journalist's union).

Haven't booked yet, am waiting on word from colleagues. I may wind up taking a late train to Cambridge and crashing there.

Well, since JMac has not taken up the offer, you're welcome to our sofa bed (nr Pimlico and therefore very convenient for Kings Cross the next morning.

Man I should check the events section of facebook more often, its a firm maybe from me until I know whether work will set me free that weekend.

I hope you all have a lovely time, unfortunately family commitments prevent me from attending, but I will make sure I think of you all enjoying your get together, so I can be there in spirit. Have fun, everybody!

Hope you all have a great time. Family & work commitments prevent me from making the journey, but I'll raise a glass at any alloted time.

I don't have a place to stay yet. I'll go searching for a hotel once it's confirmed that I'll be able to attend.

That was where I felt the earthquake last visit to London!

Sadly was booked on the 18th, when I return back from the northern wilds before heading to the land of tinned fish.

Sadly was booked on the 18th, ...

What would your second choice be? 'Cause the Alhambra won't always be available when I want it, either.

*sob* :sad: I didn't make it to London, at the end. I'll raise a glass of gin tonic in your name from Ghent.

Arsebollockswankwaffle! I won't be able to make it, as the Journalist's Union has been called in for mandatory arbitration (*) on the tenth of may. I was quite certain the arbitration would be scheduled for monday the 13th, but now I'm screwed, and wont be able to get to London. My heart, it is sad.

(*) This is a normal part of the Norwegian system of wage disputes - before any conflict or strike, the unions and employers have to sit down for mediated negotiations. If they still can't agree, THEN there can be a strike. In our case, if we haven't reached an agreement by 24.00 friday night, there will be a nationwide journalist's strike.

Sadly was booked on the 18th, ...

What would your second choice be? 'Cause the Alhambra won't always be available when I want it, either.

Expedia was having a sale so I got a really good deal on a place over Paddington-Bayswater. I've stayed in the area before but the last place I can't really recommend; we'll see about this one. I really prefer the Kings Cross area because I know it better having stayed there for an extended period in the late 80s but it was a very good deal and quite a bit posher than I would normally choose. Plus Kings Cross was booked solid except for very expensive places.