A. Heathen

10th of May (and weekend)

But how will anyone know ???

Well, I was kinda hoping you'd notice I was absent. :hattip:

... Expedia was having a sale so I got a really good deal on a place over Paddington-Bayswater. ...

Thanks. There's almost zero chance of me making the weekend of the 10th, but I'm always interested in London accommodation recommendations.

Arsebollockswankwaffle! I won't be able to make it, as the Journalist's Union has been called in for mandatory arbitration (*) on the tenth of may. I was quite certain the arbitration would be scheduled for monday the 13th, but now I'm screwed, and wont be able to get to London. My heart, it is sad.

(*) This is a normal part of the Norwegian system of wage disputes - before any conflict or strike, the unions and employers have to sit down for mediated negotiations. If they still can't agree, THEN there can be a strike. In our case, if we haven't reached an agreement by 24.00 friday night, there will be a nationwide journalist's strike.

Can you strike the strike?

I've never been a fan of being a scab, so no.

Hey Metanoia, if you're still joining us tomorrow evening, we'll be meeting near Liverpool St around 5ish?

Maybe earlier if I can get out of the work.

Ok, still planning on coming, can you pm me a mobile number or something, I can probably get there around 5ish.

In London now. Liverpool Street tomorrow at 5? Got it. See you all there!

Oh, and if someone were to PM me with a phone number for texting purposes, that'd be good too. I won't have internet access on my phone.

Now, you kids have fun in the big city tonight, but be careful. Don't talk to any strangers, don't take drinks from anyone you don't know, and if you get lost ask a policeman.

Now run along and have fun, and be back in time for bed.

I hate the fact that I'm stuck here in a sweaty negotiation room while you're having the Straight to Hell meeting of the decade. Curse you, fates! Curse you to hell!

• Upvote 2

8727325547_5e385489b3_z.jpg

L to R: Metanoia's New Hat, Mark's Hard Stare, Malin's Fun Times, and you all know Camp Rohne.

• Upvote 3

I don't look that drunk in this picture, I didn't feel that drunk at the time, so why does my head hurt so much this morning. Must have been my new hat.