Sign in to follow this  
slinker

Thor: The Dark World

Not bad. I do like the influence from Alan "Game of Thrones" Taylor. Wise move there Marvel.

Also, nothing against this movie, but I'm tired of seeing the villian in the cage with the hero(es) interrogating them/asking them for help thing. UGH

I like the look of that!

It is very fitting that they give Thor some really cosmic shit to deal with. I'm also chuffed that Loki will be back.

• Upvote 1

looks damn fine. Yeah, Alan Taylor looks like he's bringing his Game of Thrones medieval director kung-fu to this flick. Really like the design of Malekith too!

weird that the trailer wasn't in front of Iron Man 3 when I saw it tonight (instead we got an old Man of Steel trailer, Star Trek Into Darkness and a terrific 3D trailer for The Great Gatsby, which I'm very curious about).

That was so much fun. A rare case of sequel being better than the first film and the second act being more fun than the first.

I personally preferred the first film. But this one was still a lot of fun. My only hang ups was the less than impressive showing of the villains. Apparently a lot was cut out of the film, and most of those scenes were of the villains.

I saw it yesterday, it was pretty good. the marvel franchise stuff is pretty consistent. visually it was fantastic, the asgard set was well done, it was cool to have a big fight in London , and the fight scene at the end is very trippy to watch, almost m.c. escher. the main downside is that thor has become more boring of a character. loki's on screen for maybe 20 minutes but it's a better film when he is. i'd give it a solid B. winter soldier looks really good in the trailer, i have high hopes for guardians of the galaxy.

I really liked this one. Earlier on, I've been apprehensive about a Thor sequel, because I was afraid they'd make him fight various earthly villains, much like Iron Man. Thor is so high-powered that they'd easily end up making very contrived plots. The first film worked because he was basically human most of the time. Once he got his powers back, the film was more or less over.

However, my fears were unfounded - they instead opted for the over-the-top "the universe is at stake" type of story, which is much better suited to the character. The film had some tempo problems, but once it got rolling, there was lots of fun to be had. Best points: Loki (natch!) and

the fight between worlds between Thor and Malekith. Beautiful and absurd!

the fight between worlds between Thor and Malekith. Beautiful and absurd!

yesssss, best movie fight scene I've seen in a while...malekith was kind of a generic villain but the visuals were amazing

i loved the battle at the beginning of the movie. i enjoyed the movie, but the best parts were the beginning and end, the rest was some waiting to get to the good parts. still, it's better than all but one XMen movie, better than all but one Spier-man movie. nowhere near Avengers, but better than Iron Man 2, and forget about Hulk, if you can. So it's probably the 4th or 5th best Marvel movie? I enjoyed it more than Thor's first flick.

• Upvote 1