Shawn

Image Comics

Nameless felt pretty tame for a Morrison comic, and I don't think I have a problem with that. I don't think my mind can deal with another "Filth" right now. I like the protagonist well enough, from what little we know of him. Very interested to see where this goes.

I read somewhere where it was a reworked Hellblazer pitch, so i had that in my head as i read the issue. Frankly, I'm glad that this was rejected or whatever because I'm not sure how it would work with Nameless being John Constantine.

Still i really enjoyed it, the dreamscape and the anticipation of our journey into space.

Lazarus 15 is mostly taken up by a fight scene, and it's still amazing. The title is a masterclass in making comic books.

hm since you mentioned it i try to read up on lazarus. certainly a mediocre start but it slowly gets better. comic vine definetly overhypes it. it is not like it's saga or anything. but i am at issue 4 so maybe we will come to that.

They're Not Like Us.

What an ace comic.

Underground gang of anti-heroes with special talents.

Beautiful art by Simon Gane.

Including this fight scene

not3.png

And this beating

208e7o9.jpg

I liked that Criminal Special Edition -- the one with the sword-and-sandals cover variant. But the internet is acting like it's the best thing ever published, and I thought it kind of fizzled out at the end. Am I alone here?

I still need to read it but I'll try to tonight and give my druthers manana.

I cracked it last night but fell asleep. Pretty early. Beautiful interiors.

I liked that Criminal Special Edition -- the one with the sword-and-sandals cover variant. But the internet is acting like it's the best thing ever published, and I thought it kind of fizzled out at the end. Am I alone here?

I liked it but yeah, you're right.

Anybody read Descender yet? I'm considering a Comixology buy.

Yeah, I'd give it a buy. Beautiful art, like Lou said. The story isn't really original, but Lemire makes you get drawn in to the story (at first I wasn't too sure, by the end, I was really enjoying the story), and care about the main character with very little shown about him(?). The first issue is mostly back-story for the history of the world(s) Lemire has created.

Read Descender, not really my thing, though Nguyen's art was swell.

What with him being the new Hellblazer artist I tried out the first few issues of Riley Rossmo's Image series Drumhellar. I can see why they gave him the Constantine gig, Drumhellar is essentially Psychedelic Hellblazer.

Descender reads like the next big movie (which I think is is opted for a film).

Check out the first 6 issues of Bedlam for some excellent Rossmo work.

• Upvote 1

Material #1-I'm getting tired of this new generation gap thing.

So, youth doesn't like the fact that older generations are looking down on them.

Well, youth telling us older people that we just don't understand anything because we're old and out-of-touch certainly doesn't help anything.

Do people not see how this creates a dualism? One side says this, then the other side says this. If one side doesn't like being told, "You're too young to understand anything", then telling the other side, "You're just too old to understand." certainly doesn't help.

But, I guess that doesn't really matter because this side is old and going to be dead soon anyway. Good luck with positivity then, when that other side suddenly find themselves in the role of older people.

I'm tried of hearing that computers are going to save us all. Maybe the other side is tired of hearing how badly computers are destroying everything. Fair enough. Maybe there's a middle ground? Maybe computers aren't the second coming of Christ or the anti-Christ.

I don't know. I know which side I fall on.

This is the second creator-owned book by Ales Kot which made me feel alienated. Kot is a talented and creative writer. I love his work at Marvel, but his creator-owned books seem far too concerned with letting me know that he's far more "hip" than little ol' me.

Comics being written for the young and hip to tell us old people why we're wrong just seems quite alienating...especially for an industry that finds a majority of its readers in their 30s and 40s today (and just getting older every year).

Is this going to cause an inseparable gulf someday? When the majority of comic book authors are fresh out of college, while the majority of readers can barely remember going to college? A generation of comic readers yearning for the fun comics of the 1970s or 1980s versus a generation of comics writers who can't relate at all to comic books from the 1970s and 1980s?

Yes, I realize there was more going on in this comic book, and the rest of it seemed interesting, but I can't get past the fact that the writer is telling me I'm too old.

Don't get me wrong. All these intellectuals going on and on about how awful the Millennial Generation is annoys the fuck out of me too.

I remember being called a part of Generation X and being told how we were going to fuck up the world.

Well, we did, yes, but not because we were part of "Generation X".

Millennials are probably going to grow up and fuck up the world just the same...but not because they're part of this so-called Millennial Generation.

These intellectuals seem to miss a great deal, and the media hype about it all has destroyed a lot of the room for intelligent thought.

There are aspects of hope and change involved with the changing demographics of society and economics pertaining to the Millennial Generation. But, if those openings for hope and change are ever able to be capitalized on, or if everything will just keep going on and on like before, or if it will all just collapse beforehand, I don't have the answers.

But, this hope and change isn't going to be born inside of a computer, no matter what some youngsters want us old guys to think.

The world of tomorrow needs a bridge between generations. The elderly need people to help take care of them. The underage need someone to help them discover the world and themselves. That's what the world needs...not more technology, or more people concerned about unemployment or welfare. Generation gaps only exist in society, if we want to move outside of this mass amalgamation known as "Society" and find Individuals, we need to move away from this whole idea of generations/age and discover what's useful about each other.

• Upvote 2

Saga has become quite exciting of late after going through a ho hum period.

Nameless #4-Holy shit. This is one big mind fuck. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm going to include Morrison in this too.

Suddenly, I absolutely love this series. It's come a long way from rocket ships and saving the Earth from a comet.

Total insanity...but, I can get in to the new Tarot card designs.