Sign in to follow this  
JasonT

Batman '66

Shawn    297

It seems like this is an easy win! Allred on covers, Jeff Parker writing it and I know not of Jonathan Case. But that preview looks damned good!

A. Heathen    1,150

"Digital only" (until the TPB collection arrives) ?

Anyway I have signed up to the comixology thing just to read this.

JasonT    447

The digital version is pseudo-animated, the paper version won't be (unless you count flipping the pages back and forth). So the version I read is digital-only. Nyah. :tongue:

Shawn    297

I wonder if this does well (and it looks like it might) that DC will do something similar with Superman. Maybe a digital comic based in the George Reeves TV series? OR better still, a book based in the Fleischer-verse.

Also, I love the Ben-Day dots in the art. Good ol' pop!

• Upvote 1

Lou K    1,072

Wonder if there was just recently some licensing mumbo jumbo as all of a sudden NECA, Mattel and Hot Toys are all making various Batman 66 products, all hitting at once

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT15241&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12110&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=401&company=23

• Upvote 2

Shawn    297

That Batman & Robin window scaling diarama should come with Sammy Davis Jr or Dick Clark to pop out of the window.

Shawn    297

Hey! That was some ginchy fun. Oddly enough, it was less hokey than the TV series. Maybe it's because they do whatever they think up in the comic, where the show was severly limited by budget. It's just all around, all-ages fun. The art seems....off, like out of focus at times. Maybe that's part of the style. But it's sort of like it's supposed to be 3D art and I have no 3D glasses.

I might check out the next issue

Shawn    297

Who would have guessed that I'd enjoy a comic based on the campy TV show? No one. Parker goes beyond show adding DCU elements and improved storytelling. It's the most entertaining Batman book right now.

The Red Hood is terrorizing Gotham! The Dynamic Duo must get help from....the Joker?!? Yeah!

JasonT    447
Wonder if there was just recently some licensing mumbo jumbo as all of a sudden NECA, Mattel and Hot Toys are all making various Batman 66 products, all hitting at once...

Looks like there was something in the wind:

Complete '60s "Batman" TV Series to Get Long-Awaited Home Release

Thanks to Shawn for spreading the best news I've had all week. ^

• Upvote 1

Lou K    1,072

Incidentally I did cave in and buy the 66 Batman figures: Joker, Penguin, Riddler and the batman and Robin wall scaling two pack. sigh. I am such a mark.

• Upvote 2

JasonT    447

Batman TV Series DVD Set To Include New Bonus Material From Adam West & Burt Ward

“Finally, after an innumerable number of years, our series is going to be coming out, all 120 episodes,” said Ward. “I understand it’s right at the end of November this year in time for Christmas.”
  • Upvote 1