Demon Chas08

Man of Steel vs Daredevil

A. Heathen    1,125

Classic Demon Chas thread title :-)

This is on the goddam news here today.

"Superhero Film might be made in the future !" is not national news.

This is also a thing: http://comicsalliance.com/dc-entertainments-diane-nelson-on-green-lantern-wonder-woman-and-vertigo-films-sandman-is-right-on-top/

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

I really can't take Diane Nelson seriously.

I'd say Snyder should've phoned up Hayter and Tse to work on it, but Seeing Nolan and missus are the executive producers sealed this movies fate even before the hunt for a new Batman can ever begin.

Lou K    1,054

The Sandman is “right on top” of the list of DC/Vertigo titles Nelson wants to see on screen. “I think it could be as rich as the Harry Potter universe.”

Hrrm.

Shawn    297

My hope for this World's Finedt movie is below sea level. So, Superman will be the defacto villain, due to events of MoS. This is wrong. I'm getting tired of Superman gone bad crap DC's pushing of late.

Yes I'll still go see it

• Upvote 1

Avaunt    274

It will be kind of amusing if WBs reaction to their woefully unlikable "Mass Murderer Superman" * or maybe their reaction to us ingrates that criticised MM Superman is the better way to phrase it, was to make a movie where Batman went Cape-hunting to bring Superman to book for his careless muscle flexing.

I will try to not prejudge Mr Affleck. He won't necessarily be abysmal in this. Will he?.

*Actually, it was as "American as Apple Pie", to some peoples minds, that is why the Right invented the term Collateral Damage, after all.

N.B. I do not consider careless use of power the mark of true American self respect, it is instead something the ones who fail their heritage tell themselves is "ok".

Avaunt    274

I love the look on his face on that link "Oh? you are going to use this on the post that reveals I will play Batman? *Imagines all the hate* "

Mercury727    5

He's got the look and the acting chops for it, but looking at the online reaction I still wonder how Daredevil still has its rep.

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

I can see Affleck as Bruce Wayne, he's got a few years on him now - has the chin for Batman too.

And he was among the many names considered for the role prior to being cast as Daredevil and Bale as Bats (eight months after DD's release). Full circle, man. Full circle.

Lou K    1,054

has the chin for Batman too.

i was just gonna say that. if anything I am sure he will look the part quite well.

Shawn    297

As mentioned by Patton Oswald on the internets, Affleck will be the first actor to play both Superman AND Batman.

This choice doesn't inspire much hope in me for World's Finest (the title I'm going with). I will reserve more of geek-rage until after I see some pics and/or a trailer.

Atticus    164

My first reaction was one of disappointment, but now that I think about it he might do quite well.

He's big, dark & broody. His acting's improved since Daredevil. And he's now got the maturity and presence to look down on the noticeably younger Clavell as Superman.

Given the right script and direction he could do quite well. I'll reserve pre-judgement till we know a bit more.

metanoia    69

I've never really understood the almost universal hatred of the Daredevil film, it wasn't great but there have been far worse comic book films. Given the choice I'd rather watch Daredevil than Constantine again.

• Upvote 1

Atticus    164

That's very much my view too. But Affleck wasn't a particularly good actor at that stage of his career. Still an ok movie though.

• Upvote 1

Avaunt    274

I hope he knocks it out of the park, too.

Hahahaha, this screwed up interface just put that up with strike-through. Computer makes Freudian slip?.

slinker    893

He was cool in Dogma. And he does have the perfect chin, he's just such a lukewarm douchebag that he's perfect for Batman. Let's compare him to other Batmen, shall we?

Val Kilmer = lukewarm douchebag..............click (tie)

George Clooney = grocery bag full of shit.............bzzzzzt match Clooney (douchebags can't hope to compare to shitbags)

Michael Keaton = sad angry vomit next to the toilet (not in the toilet)...........ding ding match Affleck

Christian Bale = Mel Gibson's diarrhea baby in a rusty bucket..........ding ding match Affleck

Adam West = sold his soul to the devil in order to live this long and still be relevant, cool in every universe............bzzzzt match West

Hank Venture = a hard rocking on the bass clone (that even Venturestein recognizes as the Bat)........bzzzzt match Venture

Affleck's tournament record = 2-3-1

he does not advance to the post season tournament of champions, but did better than I thought he would.

Shawn    297

Fan made trailer to incorporate BatFleck. Ignore that. Let's focus on the wonder that could be with Bryan Cranston playing Lex Luthor.

Avaunt    274

Why does this poster not have Batman plugged into a light-standard, electrocuting the Kryptonian?. Where is the Big-WheelsTank?.What has gone wrong?.