Demon Chas08

Man of Steel vs Daredevil

I'm bored at work. I've been thinking about CBMs. Let's get dangerous.

I know how they can not only fix Man of Steel but help make BvS:DoJ be at least passable.

So, the movie starts off right MoS, people aren't too down Superman, blaming him for all the destruction and deaths etc. In fact, the public starts turning on him, his friends (Lois for example) are keeping a strong distance. Luthor is becoming far more prominent, helping rebuild, becoming a leader in Metroplis, and the people are loving him for it. Even a certain dark knight from Gotham is actively hunting Superman, clearly at odds with this "alien." It all builds to a head with Batman having no choice but to put Superman down using some Krytonite weapon. Clark is close is dying. BUT right at the last second....

Batman is pulling Superman out a Kryptonite-infused stasis tube. He'd been in a sort of virtual simulator designed by Luthor to show Clark his worst nightmares. As the World's Finest team escapes, barking Luthor's minions and robots, we discover Kal had actually out Zod in the Phantom Zone before Metropolis experienced heavy damage. It's also clear that Bats & Supes have history, they teamed up a few times, they're friends. They narrowly escape with a brief encounter against Lex. Later, Superman won't have long to adjust to the time he's been gone (let's say a year) as he must team up again with Batman, along with Wonder Woman, whose been helping fill-in for Superman's absence, to stop Luthor's usual brand of villainy.

This would take almost half the movie, maybe. Then the rest is the Trinity taking on Luthor as his people.

You're welcome WB

• Upvote 1

Yes, it really looks like Supes is the baddy here. I don't get it. On the one hand it was sort of a plot thread that they introduced in the last flick that they never quite resolved; the impact of an alien being on Earth. Even though he saved the planet from his own people, how was that conveyed to the general public? Why would they trust him when his race just tried to terra form the Earth? I can almost see why there is some suspicion and such but to make him an outright "False God" is a bit strong.

Having said that, Bats sounds and looks awesome.

I dunno how I feel about this one.

Me neither but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Wasn't blown away by Man of Steel either.

So, Snyder is indeed adapting bits of Dark Knight Returns as the basis of kicking off Justice League and the rest of his driven DCU on film......

Don't know about you guys but I want this to bomb so the WB can go back to the drawing board and just let Bruce Timm be the CCO of DC and the film creative architect of the DCCU

I still haven't seen Man of Steel, but i really don't loke the direction they seem to be taking the franchise. Too dark.