Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

Chicks, man

http://observationdeck.io9.com/mark-millar-and-todd-mcfarlane-ladies-comics-arent-f-1095912572

McFarlane argued, “I’ve got two daughters, and if I wanted to do something that I thought was emboldened to a female, I probably wouldn’t choose superhero comic books to get that message across," mainly because it's too "testosterone driven." Conway piled on: his daughter is "not interested in the guy stories." She is interested in writer Faith Erin Hicks, who is female and wrote "The Adventures of Superhero Girl," but that doesn't count somehow, because it's about a girl, not a boy, and comics are for boys. Even though "The Adventures of Superhero Girl" is a comic.
  • Upvote 1

He lost me when he invented his own word "emboldened". If you are going to coin words, make them mellifluous, at least.

I didn't go to all this trouble learning this Language just so the young scallywags could invent their own words, I tell you. * Checks the word * 15th century they claim?. (grumble mutter gripe) Hmm. I would like to know who used it in the 15th century, is all I am going to say on the topic. I certainly never heard it before, but you live and learn, I suppose.

Man alive it is raining somewhat here. Where "somewhat" stands in for hyperbole, you understand.

It's been hiding on you for a long time.

Not sure about first usage or nothin', but I know our very own "foundin' fathers" used it on some of their documents.

at least he didn't use "embiggen" (a hazaa to whoever remembers where that word originated).

at least he didn't use "embiggen"

I don't see why not, it's a perfectly cromulent word.

• Upvote 1