A. Heathen

Down in the ground, where the DC comics go (#6)

It's a rare day goes by where I don't utter that original quote to myself at some point or other, just a brilliant turn of phrase.

Constantine's sales do appear to be holding up, which is fantastic news, obviously.

Oh and that preview is shite.

• Upvote 1

Yes, but the only way to sustain interest will be exciting crossovers with the popular JLD and appearances by the Super Heroes !

Actually, I can understand why the uninitiated liked that comic, if it wasn't for the fact that it was never something "real" Constantine would have thought of doing, unless it was really very serious that he had to, like someone's life was at stake, that issue where he becomes Shazamsteen was pretty fucking Metal.

You know, if it was just some other comic Magic user, who got interested in how the Big Red magic user was operating. He ends up throwing the horns with an actual demons head-horns. . . *flees for his life from the baying mob* :)

This is an awful comic. Truly worse than the Shazam one. Can you imagine?

But at least I do not have to PAY FOR IT !!!

I read pretty in-depth spoilers for this issue, but I have absolutely zero recollection of what happened in the story today. I mean, zero. If you told me you'd pay me one million Euros to sketch plot details for it, I'd be able to say, "Chris was in it!", and that's it. It must have been a very boring story.

The negatives are counterbalanced by (1) relief that I am no longer buying it (2) a sense of smug satisfying superiority over those who are.

Just to make more qualititative assessment, there are five or six ACTION panels / splash pages that are totally at odds with any suspense that Constantine might not survive the after life. The "everything" he stands to lose is the contents of his subterranean Bat-Constantine Pet Shop hovel.

Hey, remember when they did this back in Hellblazer 10, and it a) didn't suck and b) had a really good artist? And they've mentioned Newcastle. Where he was dead. If Johnny came to new York to study magic when he was a kif, why do all his significant events happen in the UK?

Hey! I was right! In the other thread, with a solicitation for this issue, I replied to Jason that "everything to lose" meant his pet shop home! I can write Constantine. I've passed the quality control test.

How was Newcastle referenced?

• Upvote 1

Poorly, though the colouring was passable, the writing (especially dialogue) and line work were shithouse.