Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

New character idea. Any interested artist for sketch/pin up?

Balthazar    167

His name is Is'nana, the Were-Spider and he is the son of the African God of Stories, Anansi. Crushed in his spider form, Anansi summons his son from the Outside Plane to help inspire people in his place. But Is'nana's travel to our world has caused a barrier to break, shifting reality and bringing forth horrors and it's now his duty to stop these horrors while searching for his father and helping people of the world break their mental walls.

Is'nana's "human form" is that of a fit black man in his late 20s-early 30s, good looking. He usually likes to be in the nude due to being nude in his spider form but to fit in with humans, he wears African style clothing, and LOVES Dashikis. His hair is of a mohawk but with dread locks. He is very positive and likes to like at the bright side of things. He is very friendly, respectful, joyful, optimistic, and has a smile on his face.

Is'nana is a mix of human and spider and can alternate between human looking and spider appearances. Sometimes he'll have multiple spider eyes, fangs, extra legs coming out of his back or out of his sides, etc. His appearances and spider abilities should be limitless. Maybe at some points he'll just be a giant spider or maybe similar to Alucard from Hellsing, he'll break apart and become a group of spiders. To heal himself, spiders can just cover his wounds and become a part of him.

Lou K    1,053

Sounds most excellent, but he should have a nasty streak, as Anansi was the trickster, was he not?

Balthazar    167

Sounds most excellent, but he should have a nasty streak, as Anansi was the trickster, was he not?

He definitely did. But i wanted to have him stand on his own a be a bit different and also wanted to differentiate him from my Jeremy Tableau character who is a trickster and not usually one to be trusted despite his charming aspects. Also, I like the contrast of Is'nana being rather "creepy" in looks, etc, but is deep down very nice and optimistic and fun loving. He'll have his challenges, of course. But at his core, he's a good guy to his bone.

I think the differences in personality between him and his father would also open up to some story ideas.

Lou K    1,053

I think the differences in personality between him and his father would also open up to some story ideas.

Oh definitely. Being a nice guy, he could try and right some of the tricks his father has perpetrated, only to rile up the old man's wrath.

Avaunt    272

:sad:

I am scared of him.

:sad:

What's there to be scared of?

*posts exactly what there is to be scared of*

Umm . . . running swiftly away now.

Balthazar    167

Avaunt's medallion of Is'Nana!

image_zps7b3300d0.jpg

I'm currently working on the comic for this character! We'll see what happens!

If any other artists are interested in sketching, let me know!

• Upvote 4

Balthazar    167

absolutly. so why isn't it on that hadespage you linked to?

I guess he hasn't posted it yet. He did ask for permission for him to post it on his art blog.

seventhcircle    580

it is really awesome to see what different artists do with the same basic idea. it's a nice project of yours. have there been any attempts to do a comic (strip, internetsomethingbook) from it? or are you working on something yourself?