Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

New character idea. Any interested artist for sketch/pin up?

it is really awesome to see what different artists do with the same basic idea. it's a nice project of yours. have there been any attempts to do a comic (strip, internetsomethingbook) from it? or are you working on something yourself?

The plan is to make it a series of one-shots and self publish. I tried to do a Jeremy Tableau series but it's now on hiatus. I won't attempt that again until I know I can stably get an on-going to work. For now doing one-shots of Is'nana allows me to just work on them until they're the best they can without promising to have a scheduled on-going series with people waiting and waiting.

As for drawing myself, I'm no where near skilled to do it but I did do a sketch myself of his face which I like.

Mine_zps40847d75.jpg

Thank you!

Is'nana is a shape-shifting half man, half spider son of the great Anansi the Spider, The West African God of Stories. While looking for his missing father, Is'nana accidentally breaks a barrier coming into our world which unleashes horrors from his world and other realms into ours. Taking on the responsibility of rectifying this mishap, he teams up with his wise-cracking father to stop these horrors from bringing chaos into our world.

Good luck with that. That's a striking image and then some.

Art is good but maybe it's just the prematurely aged and retired curmudgeonly cynic in me but I've kinda seen the above scene in about every comic ever made and then some. Kinda just feels like a black Spiderman from that example and yes I know about Morales : P

Art is good but maybe it's just the prematurely aged and retired curmudgeonly cynic in me but I've kinda seen the above scene in about every comic ever made and then some. Kinda just feels like a black Spiderman from that example and yes I know about Morales : P

There's a lot more to it than that, I can guarantee. :wink2: