JohnMcMahon

Should they rename "Hellblazer" to "Constantine" ?

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should they rename "Hellblazer" to "Constantine" ?

• Yes!
    • Of Course!
    • Don't Care!

N. O.

And with each passing day, McMahon is becoming more of a Moderator i had been during his brief absence... :p

Guest spiderlegs
I guess being the resident "pun fan" on this board, I'm the only one who actually LIKES the term "Hellblazer."  I think it's kind of funny, kind of clever. Even guys named Eugene don't change their name, so why should the big HB.

Is it really a pun though? Hellraiser was, but this...? Is it supposed to sound like Trailblazer? Because it doesn't.

Silly man, "Hellraiser" isn't a "play on words," (or pun). But, yes, "Hellblazer" is a pun for "trailblazer," and when you think about it, it is kind of funny. Not "shit-your-pants" funny, but "well, isn't that clever?" funny.

I've heard Rogan does indeed have a taste for punny shit. :)

As for the actual topic - what Josh said.

- Jason

This place is beginning to look more and more like the United States every day.....

When John forces us to go to war with the IMDB Forums because they are a threat to the security of the internet community, I'm gone!

They may not actually call John "Hellblazer" in the comic, but when he puts on that sports coat he got the last time he was in Hell.....LOOK OUT! :lol:

I'm used to the title by now. By 1994, I was over wondering why the title sounded so stupid.

I've already stated why they cannot call the book "Constantine". Surely, it is like Caesar crossing the Rubicon, non? :D

Yes, they should. Hellblazer is what'd you call a B horror movie. I just regret that the title changed now everyone would say it was the movie's influence. And I don't want the title to change because of some stupid tactic to cash in on the movie. I want the title to change because Constantine is really a fucking better, more elegant title!

Why not keep Hellblazer as Hellblazer , but start a second title under Contstantine ?

It can be about a scrawny dull-eyed American exorcist-for-hire that uses a lot of holy gizmos.

Oh! And don't forget his faithful sidekick!

<grumble grumble>

~Pru

[biting her tongue and running back to the "have-seen" areas to avoid dropping spoilers...]

ow about "[over-used word]stantYne"? so it's not to bew confused with the movie version, and will DEFINATELY stay a mature readers title...?

Let "Hellblazer" run its course and then re-start the title after about a year and just call it "John Constantine" and it could be a more free-form title with all the un-told stories from John Constantine's life.

Let "Hellblazer" run its course and then re-start the title after about a year and just call it "John Constantine" and it could be a more free-form title with all the un-told stories from John Constantine's life.

I like Andy's idea...

More to look forward to!

Cheers,

Pru

IF they were to restart "Hellblazer", I guarantee you that they would make it a DC title, and market it to the film audience.

If it weren't called 'Hellblazer', Ellis wouldn't have been able to pull that horribly awesome "Hell blaze" thing in 'Haunted'. (Then again, it wouldn't have been able to use it in the movie, either, shit.)

I'd have to agree that 'Constantine' makes for a considerably less cheesy name than 'Hellblazer' (probably why the movie was called thusly), but then everyone'd pronounce it wrong. Me included, eeh...

If it weren't called 'Hellblazer', Ellis wouldn't have been able to pull that horribly awesome "Hell blaze" thing in 'Haunted'. (Then again, it wouldn't have been able to use it in the movie, either, shit.)

"I'm everything that never happened to you...I've seen Hell blaze through these streets..." Unfortunatley Constantine's monologue was never used in the movie which is a shame as it would have made a good way to end the film with the movie John looking over LA and lighting up while the voiceover played. Perhaps some WB executive or test audience thought the "hell blaze" line sounded dumb.

Guest CoNsTaNtInE

"hellblazer" sounds like a guy who does jobs or something for hell, i don't know :)

Well I am new to the whole comic scene and Hellblazer but I don't think they should change the name on the fact that the movie was released under the name Constantine.

I'm going to have to say two things:

1. FUCK NO. Why even

2. The comic book is already called John Constantine Hellblazer. i was bummed when they changed tohe logo to only read Hellblazer