JohnMcMahon

Should they rename "Hellblazer" to "Constantine" ?

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should they rename "Hellblazer" to "Constantine" ?

• Yes!
    • Of Course!
    • Don't Care!

you know if they changed the title to CONSTANTINE some innocent religiously devoted people might buy it thinking it was the true tales of ST CONSTANTINE, put it in sunday schools , give it to small children and old people in nursing homes and really warp their fragille little minds....

HELL YES LETS CHANGE IT GUYS!!!!!

some further title change suggestions in light of the Movie

CONSTANTITTIES

CONSTANTPAIN

THE AMAZING CONSTANTINE

LEGENDS OF THE DARK CONSTANTINE

CONSTANTINE ADVENTURES (based on the hit animated series)

CONSTANTINE : THE LAST BOY ON EARTH

CRISIS ON INFANT CONSTANTINE

THE LEGION OF SUPER MAGES

CONSTANTINE: LONDON NIGHTS

PLASTIC MAC

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF DORKING

and lastly my personal favorite

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLLOCKS

They were originally going to call it "Hellraiser" until the clive barker whathaveyou(read the editor's notes in the first couple issues), so Hellblazer is a second choice anyway.

I know for a fact that Barker's first Hellraiser film came out months before the first issue of Hellblazer though I still think that even at this point a year after the Keanu film has come and been forgotten the title could be cahnged to just John Constantine with a minimal of confusion.

I know for a fact that Barker's first Hellraiser film came out months before the first issue of Hellblazer

Okay.

though I still think that even at this point a year after the Keanu film has come and been forgotten the title could be cahnged to just John Constantine with a minimal of confusion.

I stand by what I wrote a year ago in this thread, and will add to it that the word Hellblazer has now been defined, by Mike Carey in issue #215. It perfectly describes what John Constantine is, and the milieu in which he exists.

Well, should they ?

I still want them to get the rights to the title "Hellraiser"...

but then again...I still giggle whenever I think of the alternate universe's Johnny in his red spandex, thigh-high boots and the white HB across his chest...

Him and the Son of Satan can have a cross-universe team-up...

(and yes, I am cringing at that grammar too...but I'm too lazy to go fix it..)

-b

Not just know but fuck no. I don't see anything wrong though with John Constantine Hellblazer. That's exactly what he is. I mean this guy spends more time in Hell than I do at my job for Christ's sake.

Not just know but fuck no. I don't see anything wrong though with John Constantine Hellblazer. That's exactly what he is. I mean this guy spends more time in Hell than I do at my job for Christ's sake.

Egads what a spelling error. NO FOR GOD'S SAKE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

...HA HA HA!!!!

Hi,

Brand new on here (first post) and ok havent been reading hellblazer for long (started the issue about chas right before down in the ground where the dead men go) but as soon as i read it i loved it look forward to the next issue every bloody month but i think the final answer to this topic is:

NO FUCKING WAY

John Constantine; Hellblazer is a brilliant title kinda title that gives u a shiver or summat like that but its great it works they should never ever change it it just somes up the entire comic and looks fantastic on the cover.

Just look at staring at the wall TPB cover can you imagine that saying CONSTANTINE like it does on cover of the dvd no way dosent work as well (that cover as example as is fucking beautiful) but just imagine it on any issue grab a comic issue grab ur dvd and compare the title no what do you think?

THERES THE PROOF!

:icon_evil:

Ok so I've never reeeally liked the name Hellblazer but....

We don't want John associated with the film more than he needs to be

You'd lose coninuity and confuse some readers

Your REALLY don't want to be linked with the film

and it just suits him doesn't it?

But will anyone ever mention him being a 'hellblazer' in the comics, or have they already?

Couple of writers have gotten the word in there alright, Ellis and Carey, if memory serves.

One of the (very, very) few things I like in the film was the line "I've seen hell blaze through these streets".

Ok so I've never reeeally liked the name Hellblazer but....

We don't want John associated with the film more than he needs to be

You'd lose coninuity and confuse some readers

Your REALLY don't want to be linked with the film

and it just suits him doesn't it?

But will anyone ever mention him being a 'hellblazer' in the comics, or have they already?

In RSVP part 2 right at the end he called himself and everyone in the tate club 'hellblazers' amongst other things.

And Ellis had John saying that he'd seen Hell blaze through the streets of London. Other than that, no. And that's a good thing. I think only Mike could get away with using the word in the comic and not having it sound fucking terrible.

• Upvote 1

The Film Dosen't make me angry either i mean its shit that it's actually nothing like hellblazer but it's still a damn good film.

Can we just call the film something different like say........Keanusteen! (From this day forth, everyone shall believe that I made up that name, clever me! BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH*breathes*WAHAHAHHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAH.)

• Upvote 1